Seven & Ten News (SCA)

Curious. Why would that be necessary under the old tech?

1 Like

Probably a limit of the VHS player.

2 Likes

Any word if GTSBKN is also being re-branded as 7? Perfect opportunity to move production to Launceston.

2 Likes

TV Tonight says yes

4 Likes

Here: http://old.southerncrossaustereo.com.au/wp-files/uploads/2016/09/39514-coverage-map.pdf

SCA’s newer maps which combine both their TV and radio assets don’t have these figures

Tasmania Sunrise update:

4 Likes

Though little is seen, the orange backlighting in the set looks fantastic! A good choice to include it instead of the clear backdrop.

5 Likes

Just a thought, any opinions from locals would be useful.

What if the GTS/BKN schedule was bumped around in the same way as the Gold Coast and GWN7: cut the last half hour of afternoon news, bump The Chase forward, and air the local GTS/BKN bulletin at 5:30 before schedule resumes with the 6PM bulletin and Today Tonight?

1 Like

Why? What problem does it solve?
Today Tonight is branded as “Tonight Tonight Adelaide”, so I doubt it would be too relevant or popular out of Adelaide.

2 Likes

Have you ever watched it? It isn’t strictly Adelaide stories, it’s reasonably well split between Adelaide/SA stories and interstate/national current affairs. Many stories are relevant across Australia such as about NBN or paralytic therapy.

It wouldn’t be that hard to rebrand it as Today Tonight SA. Many of the visuals are simply “Today Tonight”.

I think it makes more sense to have their news investment air in prime time.

If anything, timeshift Home & Away into 5:30 the next day and slot Today Tonight in at 7.

2 Likes

Tasmania caps tonight:

9 Likes

What a polished bulletin.

7 Likes

It shows Southern Cross can produce good tv content.

1 Like

I think Southern Cross Tas always has produced good content, they get a bad rap from the SC10 regions and other regions for being cheap and nasty but their SC Tas product has always been pretty good. It’s like a SC Lite vs SC Premium class difference.

8 Likes

The SA bulletin does pretty well too, most of the complaints are visual, especially since the Tasmania upgrade.

It’s funny how SA was visually a bit more ahead of Tasmania with a more recent graphics package replica, while Tasmania were stuck in the 80s with their set and in 2011 with their graphics. Now it’s SA that looks pale in comparison. All the more reason to shift to Launceston !!

Does Launceston have the room for a pair of TOSSes?

1 Like

Business class even.

1 Like

Launceston has shed loads of room. They have plenty of spare space and remember they have a full sized production studio that they just moved out of due to upgrades.

Isn’t that being demolished?

In the new upgraded offices, I mean. The old spaces are being demolished.