Seven & Ten News (SCA)

Probably was, that would be where it originated for here then. It would have been from around that era that it started here.

1 Like

Do you know someone at Southern Cross that send you this information?

2 Likes

Sneak peek. :wink:

7 Likes

@EyewitnessTV do we know if it’s in HD?

Is that from Jo’s Twitter? :slight_smile:

Looking forward to seeing the new Set, and what a fantastic montage and look-back through their News Service’s history, showing everything from previous identities/callsigns, to presenters; past and present, and On-Air Presentation over the years!

It was very well put together, I wish most News Services would be this proud of showing their rich history due to a major change, wish Seven Perth (TVW-7) did something similar to this when they moved from Dianella to Osborne Park.

Wishing Southern Cross Tasmania well in the start of a new Era with the debut of their new Set! :sunglasses::tada::confetti_ball::balloon:

6 Likes

Is there a way to stream SCTV from Vic?

There’s no way to stream any regional station except 7 Qld via 7plus.

3 Likes

Back in around 2010, there was a SCTV stream on what I think was TVU. Then I stumbled across a stream ripped from a TVHeadend server for Prime7, WIN, SC9 Canberra but that never worked.

You wanna try ducting? I don’t think there is much tropo to Launceston on UHF unless you are in Gippsland or Geelong and being March, it would be thinning out.

TL;DR No, unless you are lucky :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ironically I am from Geelong but I think I’ll wait for it to be uploaded to youtube :joy:

3 Likes

There dem caps bois

1 Like

Unfortunately not going too smoothly so far, I’ll have caps later on tonight although someone else will likely beat me but so far there’s been a few technical issues.

• very first word I saw “Alledged” on the intro, cringe
  • a few autocue stumbles
  • randomly the map of Tasmania (snigger snigger) from the weather showed on the screen along with an overlay of “You’re Fired” a second later from the Rex Tillerson story.
  • Timing issue with the “live” cross to the Seven reporter about the banking royal commission, “Hi Jo” when Jo was still asking the question.

No local map, looks HD, background is the same as the ones previously. Graphics are very similar to Seven News and a lot more blue in there now. Theme has changed, can’t confirm as I haven’t seen Seven News closely enough lately to tell if it’s the same one as there. Intro sounds weird “From the statewide Southern Cross News Headquarters” or something similar to that, I’ll confirm when I go through the recording again.

It’s a pity there’s a few teething issues but it will definitely be better soon enough. All new equipment and all new learning.

8 Likes

Cross to the Newsroom in Hobart, that has an overlay of Parliament House in the background on the screen, looks good.

Poor things, sound of a story but then Live graphics, Jo in the studio fixing her hair, Live graphics and then into the story.

Feeling really sorry for the guys now, with this many errors, stress levels are going to be really elevated and morale will be lower. Hope they can keep it all together.

5 Likes

And rehearsals begin. @SXNewsTas pic.twitter.com/USuWYObxGU

— Jo Palmer (@JoPalmerSCTV) March 13, 2018

I get the vibe that SC News isn’t all that tech savy. Seems from this conversation that they are still very much learning. ‘Right, stick tape over all the other buttons’ - get the feeling that wasn’t a joke.

6 Likes

Technical glitches aren’t helping much, when Jo said she was “nervous but excited” about the big day in her latest Instagram post… :confused:

Hopefully they can get on through with the rest of the Bulletin with not too many hiccups, it’s a new Set and operations after all, early days. :slight_smile:

1 Like

News update from The Chase just before the news, only just found this one when getting some caps. More caps in a few minutes.

A better section there, a minor issue in the coming up after the break right at the end but was a really good section otherwise.

11 Likes

Wow, they nailed the recreation of the current Seven News supers judging from that cap! :open_mouth: Looking forward to seeing more. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Surely 7 gave them the package…

That is also a possibility, looking from the level of detail, they probably just requested Seven’s current ones, which is good in case Seven changes soon in the lead up to the Gold Coast Games. Wonder what the opener looks like…

4 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t think I’ll be able to get any more until the bulletin finishes and after another meeting I have then but this is the opener.

19 Likes

Wow, that looks stunning from a regional perspective, looks like the most professional and polished Graphics Southern Cross News has had! Appears they are still using Seven News’ opening Graphics from 2016, but it still looks good nonetheless, Set looks great too! :slight_smile: :+1:

15 Likes