Seven & Ten News (SCA)

I wonder if Adelaide would lend GTS/BKN their “Seven News Experience” set used at the Royal Adelaide Show. They’d just need to paint over “Seven News” and jazz up those dividing columns. :joy:

Shame that they didn’t replicate the Gold Coast set for regional QLD bulletins to have a consistent look.

8 Likes

They just don’t like to rush things in one stroke. Seems that Seven is a network you’ll expect upgrading by stages. As long as the content suits the viewers, such as Regional QLD, I guess they’ll keep up with some advantages.

Still, I’m imagining the Gold Coast styled set for those local bulletins. Would Nathan stand all the time in sport, and have a separate plasma for Livio?

Last Day of “Local News Headlines” in Townsville!

School holidays must be over

6 Likes

??

Bort, who by the way smeared Queensland in the Seven Local News thread, was alluding to how young the presenters are/look.

9 Likes

R.I.P. Townsville Local News Headlines

1 Like

Disappeared into thin Ayr? Is that near Townsville?

7 Likes

Can anyone confirm if SCA are still broadcasting Local News Headlines in Darwin and Central? I can find caps from before the regional shakeup, but none from after.

A change is coming …

7 Likes

It seems like the only people who want the rebrand to 7 are the ones who aren’t in the broadcast area. A few years ago I reckon people would have wanted the change to 7 but now I don’t think people would really care and if anything would prefer to keep the Southern Cross. WIN on the other hand, very happy to get rid of.

11 Likes

With the might of the Sveen brand, it kinda would make sense to rebrand to SC7 and SC7 News

3 Likes

I honestly don’t think it’d achieve much and possibly cause more confusion. Southern Cross is a well known brand, they’re local, they’ve pushed that brand for nearly 30 years and while people know deep down it’s 7, they still refer to it more as Southern Cross. This is the state where more people referred to TDT rather than Channel Ten and even now many will still call it TDT instead of Nine. I can understand why people from the mainland would think it makes sense, but I don’t see the need for it and this is from someone who for years always wanted to have what the mainland had, including Channel 7 or Prime.

6 Likes

And it only took 20+ years! :smile::joy:

But seriously, looking forward to the impending charges. Hopefully it’s a significant bump up. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

There is not a “need” for it - but from a business point of view there would be considerable;e benefits to riding the strength of the 7 brand and logo when doing ad sales, etc.

5 Likes

Might just be some new plasma screens placed on the very old existing set!

1 Like

They seem to be doing alright I believe and is it worth changing a winning formula? They’ve won something like the last 25 years of ratings and their news seems to smash all the competition, why fix what ain’t broke? What happens if they’re getting a new set and somehow get it wrong and lose ground to WIN?

Now for the complete conspiracy theory, what if it’s a Nine Local News set and SC7 is about to switch to SC9 and TDT10/9 becomes TDT7! MediaSpy would have a bigger outage than Foxtel with GoT over that bombshell!

5 Likes

Or changing it back to a red background! No need for a new set, just alternate between blue and red every few years.

3 Likes

I watch the news for the content, so much so, I even had to google to see what colour the set currently is and I watch it every night! Outside of MS, I don’t think anybody really cares about the set. The WIN News set feels like it has been around for just as long.

1 Like

Southern Cross haven’t felt the need before so why change it now :joy: