Seven & Ten News (SCA)

Agree

How would you like to have a go of presenting the bulletin one day Mark?

3 Likes

Poaching Brent from WIN is fairly unlikely, however SCA already has ‘Tubes’ Taylor as part of their stable. Established local commentator and emcee like Brent. A familiar personality and also an opportunity to cross promote.

1 Like

Who’s presenting the Southern New South Wales and Canberra updates nowadays?

1 Like

Will Boddy. Did something happened to Ruby?

She now reports for Seven News Tasmania

1 Like

Any vids of him?

She has presented sport before so she can present the news too.

Yeah… but they’d need to rehire her;

1 Like

Damn, I didn’t realise she had left. There’s one less reporter they can use to fill in.

Yeah, but as much as I lament it, they do treat 7Tas as a regional market so it’s always gonna be where people get their chops then move onto bigger and better things.

1 Like

Who thinks it’s time Seven News Tasmania gets a graphics refresh? They should also rename the bulletin name to Seven Tasmania Nightly News or Seven Tasmania News. They should’ve rebranded the station to Southern Cross Seven in July 2018 when Seven didn’t allow them to use the Seven News branding on their news bulletin.

2 Likes

They won’t change anything until they get competition.
What on earth has happened to the Nine News Tasmania bulletin?!

5 Likes

This is a good idea, especially now that the Spencer Gulf bulletin is dead and there’s no longer a need for a brand that covers more than one market.

But then there wouldn’t have been any cost savings. I do think they could link it to SCA a little better though, like WIN.

MediaSpy users in 2090 waiting for the Nine News Tasmania bulletin to launch

21 Likes

WIN and Nine were debating over how to split the cost of the joint bulletin IIRC

2 Likes

I wonder if there’s someone on this forum who work at WIN News Tasmania who can confirm the delayed launch of Nine News Tasmania?

1 Like

Reporters already sign off as “Seven Tasmania News”, SCA just can’t officially name their bulletin anything that resembles “Seven News”.

SCA tried to rebrand to “Seven News Tasmania” years ago but Seven clamped down to protect their brand as they don’t have control over the bulletin.

7 Likes

I don’t think that was part of the decision making there, I mean there wasn’t really any alignment between the two bulletins, except for them briefly sharing the same title card. Even when they were both Southern Cross News the branding was completely sperate.

It would be good for a refresh; the issue is 7 doesn’t want the bulletin to be named anything that sounds like 7 News.

1 Like