Seven & Ten News (SCA)

New job?

3 Likes

Are they still using the previous graphics package? If so, I would say this is a possibility.

Tasmania is using the 2016-2020 one, while Spencer Gulf is using a even more outdated one from 2013-2016.

Spencer Gulf isn’t even a Seven-graphics recreation. It’s whatever custom supers they had at the time.

Hunty to go full time :scream:?

Don’t get too carried away. I think @DJPizarro is hinting that he’s got a job on the bulletin. Congratulations mate!

12 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: Yep! Stepping in a dream job! You’ll see me on air in a few weeks time.

27 Likes

Congratulations! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Thank you! Already packing.

5 Likes

Congrats! :grinning:

3 Likes

Congrats :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 5.36.40 pm

17 Likes

Congrats! The budget is marginally larger at GTS/BKN than at My53, I can bet. :rofl:

1 Like

The budget is larger, but I’m delighted to have helped out at My53.

1 Like

After how long now… graphics still say Southern Cross News

1 Like

There’s no quality control anymore. Nobody with any care looks over it, a rudderless ship essentially.

On one hand you’ve got a pack of young reporters cutting their teeth and learning the trade, but that needs support from people who know TV. Since they moved production to Hobart, that’s gone out the window.

Back in the day when you had Julie Snook or Tim Hatfield of Fraser Goldworth producing it from Canberra there was at least a bit of effort going in, but you can tell the Tas team were lumped with doing it and probably just want to run it into the ground. Best bet for any hope of reviving it would be to offload the station to Prime (7).

4 Likes

The writing was on the wall when it moved to 7pm on 7two. It’s as bad as WIN News now, in that it’s clearly just produced to satisfy an agreement, whether that be quotas or affiliate arrangements or a condition of their solus license.

2 Likes

Worse than WIN, at least WIN has camera crews and editors etc.

4 Likes

I would’nt be Surprised if the 30 Minute Local News was Replaced with 90 Second Nightly Noodle Updates across Spencer Gulf & Broken Hill with The Port Pirie Recorder, The Transcontinental Port Augusta, Port Lincoln Times, Whyalla News and The Barrier Truth delivering News Stories to SCA Offices and Transmit them back to Hobart.

Being a Video Journalist is very rewarding for me personally.

2 Likes