Seven & Ten News (SCA)

The latest addition to the SCA team, Grace Fitzgibbon, who presents the updates across Southern Queensland, Tasmania and Remote Australia.

5 Likes

Probably the best presenter they have IMO, the content in my limited knowledge seems to be better than what has been posted in here before. But my god that theme music is terrible, get rid of it now.

2 Likes

Grace Fitzgibbon is a thousand times better than that woman who reads the Central QLD updates.

2 Likes

SCA really need to get permission from Nine to use Nine News’ actual graphics and music!

Judging by the clip, Grace Fitzgibbon is quite a decent newsreader and definitely one of the better “SCA News Update” presenters.

3 Likes

One would assume 9 said ‘No’ already.

4 Likes

Nine’s package is probably too much for SCA’s equipment to handle anyway.

20 Likes

It’s actually quite a good on air team at the moment, apart from the North Queensland updates. Probably the best they’ve had for a while.

Victoria Update with Caitlin Knight

North Queensland Update with Sarah Bannerman

Southern NSW Update with Aggie Bradshaw

Northern NSW Update with Emma Larouche

6 Likes

What baffles me is that the Coffs Harbour update has a proper titlecard. :stuck_out_tongue:

different affiliate, different agreement.

Still no Eyewitness News theme though :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

SCA’s current “Local News Headlines” theme music sounds exactly like what a comedy show would use as the “theme music” for skits parodying Ten Eyewitness News IMO! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Southern Cross News getting some viral attention…

Oh. I thought it was a skit. My bad :o

1 Like

[quote=“CQtvNetwork, post:224, topic:239, full:true”]The latest addition to the SCA team, Grace Fitzgibbon, who presents the updates across Southern Queensland, Tasmania and Remote Australia.[/quote]As others have said, Grace (along with Aggie) are the best presenters they’ve ever had. Just a shame they only have “those” pathetic ‘headline updates’ to work with. Would be great to see them present a proper bulletin in the future.

[quote=“eddel, post:229, topic:239, full:true”]
Nine’s package is probably too much for SCA’s equipment to handle anyway.
[/quote]:joy: You know what? That still looks a little too advanced for SCA. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Adam Reibel is a camera operator for SC News Tasmania, and on his LinkedIn profile he has that he shoots news stories using XDCam HD and edits using Quantel SQ Edit.
https://au.linkedin.com/in/adamreibel

Yeah and I have no doubt that is correct. The actual equipment that they use to broadcast the bulletin is analogue however.
The picture quality is adequate but you can see the flickering and chasing lines/dots on scenes. Especially with horizontal lines and such that are part of the graphics.

1 Like

cough the computers must be running XP!

Here’s a montage of Friday’s South Australian bulletin. It includes all story introductions along with examples of reporter signoffs, piece to camera reports (including the backwards basketball shot that has gone viral,) graphics etc.

Tim Hatfield has been away this week so Sam Hunt is filling in.

4 Likes

I did say “mostly” didn’t I. :wink:

2 Likes

Tim Hatfield is back from leave and presenting Southern Cross News SA tonight.

1 Like