Seven & Ten News (SCA)

The audio for tonight’s 7 Tasmania (saturday) bulletin coming from Hobart is very very hollow!

1 Like

I prefer the 30 second evening updates they air tbh, @Nick

30-40 seconds is the ideal length, true

2 Likes

Wonder if the weather conditions were causing trouble. They already didn’t have the bulletin on air from what they said due to power issues on the mountain and I know it doesn’t go via the mountain for the news playout but I wonder if there was an impact or techs trying to fix those issues and something missed for the bulletin.

Makenna reported a couple more stories over the weekend too for the Tasmanian bulletin. I think one was the Launceston running festival today from memory and our very own @Techster had a good one in my hood on the north west coast tonight too. Well done!

1 Like

Sounds like an audio monitor was up too loud in the studio.

Ten News evening updates in Bundaberg Qld. Oh dear, they’re terrible. The presenter (Victoria someone?) is so young and tentative, and not the best news reading voice.
I guess it’s probably a good opportunity to learn, but during prime time?

Victoria will get better with experience - in my opinion, I think she’s a great presenter. She’s only been presenting the updates since April (filling-in for Makenna Baily at first, before becoming her permanent replacement when Makenna started reporting for 7 Tasmania News). Some presenters start off tentative at first, but start growing in confidence as they continue to present the news updates.

3 Likes

Bit of a change coming to the Spencer Gulf Nightly News soon. :wink:

9 Likes

:hushed: :hushed: :hushed:

2 Likes

Will it and Tasmania change the graphics to look like 7’s current ones?

New job?

3 Likes

Are they still using the previous graphics package? If so, I would say this is a possibility.

Tasmania is using the 2016-2020 one, while Spencer Gulf is using a even more outdated one from 2013-2016.

Spencer Gulf isn’t even a Seven-graphics recreation. It’s whatever custom supers they had at the time.

Hunty to go full time :scream:?

Don’t get too carried away. I think @DJPizarro is hinting that he’s got a job on the bulletin. Congratulations mate!

12 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: Yep! Stepping in a dream job! You’ll see me on air in a few weeks time.

27 Likes

Congratulations! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Thank you! Already packing.

5 Likes

Congrats! :grinning:

3 Likes