Seven & Ten News (SCA)

Still no Eyewitness News theme though :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

SCA’s current “Local News Headlines” theme music sounds exactly like what a comedy show would use as the “theme music” for skits parodying Ten Eyewitness News IMO! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Southern Cross News getting some viral attention…

Oh. I thought it was a skit. My bad :o

1 Like

[quote=“CQtvNetwork, post:224, topic:239, full:true”]The latest addition to the SCA team, Grace Fitzgibbon, who presents the updates across Southern Queensland, Tasmania and Remote Australia.[/quote]As others have said, Grace (along with Aggie) are the best presenters they’ve ever had. Just a shame they only have “those” pathetic ‘headline updates’ to work with. Would be great to see them present a proper bulletin in the future.

[quote=“eddel, post:229, topic:239, full:true”]
Nine’s package is probably too much for SCA’s equipment to handle anyway.
[/quote]:joy: You know what? That still looks a little too advanced for SCA. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Adam Reibel is a camera operator for SC News Tasmania, and on his LinkedIn profile he has that he shoots news stories using XDCam HD and edits using Quantel SQ Edit.
https://au.linkedin.com/in/adamreibel

Yeah and I have no doubt that is correct. The actual equipment that they use to broadcast the bulletin is analogue however.
The picture quality is adequate but you can see the flickering and chasing lines/dots on scenes. Especially with horizontal lines and such that are part of the graphics.

1 Like

cough the computers must be running XP!

Here’s a montage of Friday’s South Australian bulletin. It includes all story introductions along with examples of reporter signoffs, piece to camera reports (including the backwards basketball shot that has gone viral,) graphics etc.

Tim Hatfield has been away this week so Sam Hunt is filling in.

4 Likes

I did say “mostly” didn’t I. :wink:

2 Likes

Tim Hatfield is back from leave and presenting Southern Cross News SA tonight.

1 Like

Yesterday’s North QLD Local News Headlines

Ever wanted too see what the Southern Cross News Canberra News Centre/Studios looked like. Check out this clip Tim Hatfield posted on Friday.

The Canberra News Centre is where all TDT, Southern Cross 9 updates are made and produced as well as Southern Cross News SA.

2 Likes

Make sure your volume is turned right up. Can’t hear that young whippersnapper.

2 Likes

I see the person in charge of the Facebook page (whoever that must be?? :smirk:) is in complete denial about the shit audio :joy:

Super awkward appearance by Sam Hunt in this video: https://www.facebook.com/SCNewsSA/videos/1004473532984611/

1 Like

But what was more awkward?

• Sam Hunt interrupting
  • Timbo’s new tie
0 voters
2 Likes

Sam Hunt’s jumper was pretty awkward too!

4 Likes

The light bouncing off Tim’s shiny forehead wasn’t awkward at all? Perhaps the tie budget should be cut in favour of an investment in makeup.

1 Like

Apologies to Sammy’s knit - the poll cannot be edited, even with admin powers!

1 Like