Seven & Ten News (SCA)

GWN7’s new digs is a good example of how a remote studio could be done. Would still need to be controlled from somewhere though. Considering SC News SA doesn’t have any local presenters, there would probably be no point. Best to just utilise Hobart studio I reckon.

6 Likes

Yes, with all he funding and resources SCA like to put into their news… I mean you have to hand it to the, it’s the most under resourced news bulletin the country I’d say but they get it done pretty well. I am sure moving it to Hobart will lift the standards a bit.

The graphics are very professionally designed for an under resourced bulletin (with exception to the key - yuck!)

1 Like

Alex Sykes presented the SA bulletin on Friday night, but she said she was just filling in for Abbey:
vlcsnap-00001

5 Likes

Quality looks better must mean it was possibly produced in Tasmania also lack of ots and possible the background wasn’t keyed

1 Like

4 Likes

I hope that’s from an on air package and not something a journo with a great eye for design made up for social media.

7 Likes

Why use a different font for “News” versus the rest? Otherwise, extremely polished by SCA’s typical standards.

2 Likes

7 Central version. Map is zoomed out to include all of Central’s footprint:

4 Likes

If only they could use the Seven news music like Prime7 does. It already looks 100x better than before and it would only get better with proper Seven music.

2 Likes

If they’re not going to use the Seven theme, I think the SA theme would be the perfect replacement to the old noodle update sting.

3 Likes

Does it show Tasmania, part of which is in the 7 Central licence area?

1 Like

Good find. Drawing up a scathing letter to SCA executives right now. :smile:

Surprised the Tassie team let it go to air like that actually.

3 Likes

Tonight’s Evening updates:

11 Likes

How long have Southern Cross been producing these local 7 news Updates in Darwin?

1 Like

Who writes these things?

“I’ll see you in a little bit with more news”
Not to mention saying “Hi” at the start.

And the production values on the 7 updates are just awful.

They could easily be so much better.

5 Likes

I’m sure the 3 viewers they have in Tasmania are outraged at being left out :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

At least 5 years now, as Southern Cross news updates up until a month ago.

What do you guys think of Alex Sykes?

Do the updates on SC7 Tasmania and SC7 GTS/BKN have the same branding and backdrop? I assume Alex doesn’t do the 7 Tas updates as she would then be appearing on both 7 and 9 in that market…

I thought Darwin and Central had shared news updates (or is this still the case, but these recordings are different bulletins)? The cities on the weather map are identical.

I haven’t seen many Central updates, but they seem very NT-centric. What’s the chances of a story from Weipa or Ceduna featuring?