Seven Regional

They need to better utilise their presenters.

1 Like

Their broadcasting costs are about $20m/year from memory

2 Likes

Their affiliate fee you mean? $20M a year?

Yes they can. Negotiate. 7 needs prime needs 7. They both need each other. They both bring something substancial to the table.

7 = an entire programming suite of channels
Prime = increases 7’a national reach by a good 30%

Would be interesting to see how it would be now if the merger went a head.

No, their broadcasting (and transmission) costs - although I did mess up, its ~$40m ($20m was their half year number from earlier this year)

Prime record a “Cost of Sales” of about $100m and Seven reported Affiliate fees of $109m for the same period - I suspect based on a cursory reading of both sets of reports that the near $100m on the Prime side represents the fee (I wouldnt expect the whole amount to be the fee though)

1 Like

“Tonight” version of news pop up:

4 Likes

Yes when I think about Australia’s No.1 I think of Mark Ferguson :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Really, I thought I was Australia’s No. 1. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

6 Likes

No. 1 What?

No. 1 Personality?

2 Likes

Plate of Origin pop up:

4 Likes

Commercial break comparison of the two 7mate channels in WA:

8 Likes

Which one is on VAST WA?

2 Likes

If your box is registered within GSW/GAW area you get just the GSW/GAW variant. If it’s registered in GNW area you get both, with GNW variant sitting on LCN 73!

6 Likes

2 Likes

The two? Haven’t you forgotten 7mate Perth?

This is the Prime-GWN thread, so the comparison is specifically about the 7mate channels via GWN.

7 Likes

alot of PRIME news staff are on job keeper, when that stops on Sept 27 and PRIMES 4.7 million runs out, what will they do? Will they change or will they just keep going, alot of media are facing it very tough out there right now

1 Like

Jobkeeper is extending, just on a lower rate. As soon as its gone, then who knows?

2 Likes

Picture quality on GWN7 has gotten worse. Not as bad as Nine West but definately a drop in quality.