Seven Regional

Sorry, that was me not concentrating.

Central Australia (Alice Springs & Mt Isa) are not measured by RegTAM, nor are regional South Australia.

Nor is Darwin by OzTam.

But I’m sure if it were, SCTV would be winning all those markets :+1:

1 Like

I personally would’ve thought that Nine would most likely be the market leader in Darwin if the ratings up there were measured, knowing how NTD is their “heritage” station with a full local news service.

Going back on topic though, it’ll be interesting to see if Prime7/GWN7 get a new PRG to match the current network look when playout switches to MediaHub. Better yet would be the network broadcasting 7Flix and Prime7HD/7mateHD via Prime7* but that will most likely not happen anytime in the foreseeable future, of course.

*I say 7mateHD via Prime7 for Regional NSW because I don’t think Seven would allow Prime to run a HD simulcast of their main channel in Regional NSW (especially in the case of the Wollongong/Illawarra market and it’s relatively close proximity to Sydney, parts of which can get Illawarra stations quite easily) while Seven themselves annoyingly continue to run a HD simulcast of 7mate rather than Seven here in Sydney. But I digress…

2 Likes

I base it off the strength of Seven’s ratings/programming over the last decade nationally (i.e.) assumption that SCTV would be winning regional SA, Central Oz & Darwin.

Except for Northern NSW (“NBN”), Seven’s affiliates dominate every metro & regional market/sub-market.

2016 has been one of the (if not biggest) ratings years for Seven, since OzTam bagan 15 years ago :slight_smile:

1 Like

You know the difference between measurement and assumption, right?

4 Likes

But obviously there’s no measurement for the markets in question.

So let’s play along with assumption for now shall we? :grin:

The watermark has changed…

4 Likes

Thank you I thought it was not my imagination, it is more in the tone of the Prime 7two watermark

1 Like

It’s the vibe.

[quote=“LukeMovieMan, post:106, topic:153”]
So let’s play along with assumption for now shall we?
[/quote]Or - and I know this sounds crazy, we can only make posts when we have actual, physical, non-invented facts to support our claims. The argument you’ve made is not backed up by a smidgeon of evidence.

2 Likes

Matlock, stop picking on poor young(?) Luke. He’s only working with “assumptions”. :yum:

1 Like

Is that a different font?

That looks…

Terrible

1 Like

Yeah its much darker now.

Probably. The wording is not as bold as it use to be.

1 Like

I just had a look on my TV, PRIME taking ugly to the extreme. It’s not the ugliest thing on TV at the moment, but sure does look dated. Hope it’s temporary

2 Likes

Does this mean they have already switched to mediahub?

Also of interest is the radio silence from Prime7 on their Facebook page on enquiries regarding the rollout of 7Flix. Visitor posts from the beginning of October have gone unanswered. Unusual for Prime7, as they’re normally pretty prompt when answering these sorts of questions. The optimist in me would like to think negotiations with the Seven Network are in the mix.

2 Likes

Hopefully this is a good sign…

I am now seeing different ads on Prime7 Mate for Newcastle vs Central Coast feeds, since both are MPEG 2 HD.

1 Like

Prime Television breaches privacy rules in broadcasting code

Tamworth-based Prime7’s Local News breached the Commercial TV Industry Code of Practice (the Code) by using material relating to a child’s personal or private affairs in the broadcast of a sensitive matter concerning the child.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority investigated a news report that aired 2 March 2016 which dealt with alleged acts of bullying at a school in the region. The report included video footage that had been copied by a third party from Snapchat.

While accepting that it was in the public interest for the viewing audience to be made aware of allegations of bullying at a school in the region, the ACMA noted that that public interest could have been served without showing the video footage in the form used.

The ACMA considered that the alleged bully was identifiable from the video footage and that their involvement in the incident, suspension from school and a related police investigation, constituted sensitive personal information concerning the child.

The licensee did not obtain consent from the child’s parents to broadcast this material.

The Code also obliges commercial television licensees to exercise ‘special care’ before broadcasting material relating to a child’s personal or private affairs in a report of a sensitive matter concerning the child.

The ACMA found that the licensee failed to exercise special care and breached clause 3.5 of the Code in relation to privacy.

The ACMA found that the licensee did not breach clause 3.3.1 in relation to accuracy. It was clear from the report that the bullying allegations were contested and were the subject of ongoing investigations.

In response to the ACMA’s findings, the licensee has:
• conducted legal and ethics training with all staff at the Prime Tamworth office and discussed this particular matter with all Prime’s news editors;
• scheduled further training in the 2016/17 financial year across all markets as part of its regular training program; and
• introduced an online legal compliance quiz that must be completed to a satisfactory standard by all journalists upon employment with Prime.

The ACMA also notes that the news report of the alleged incident is not available on the licensee’s news website.

1 Like

I love how GWN has updated most of its presentation but still has the older PRG. They need to fix that! (in case you haven’t noticed I’m in GWN-land)

1 Like

Likewise for Prime.