Seven Regional

I was wondering that too because it could be a case of two more missing channels

Probably still sorting out how to only have the “HD” part on LCN-60?

Although there won’t be much of it for the next two weeks with the Australian Open, I wonder if there’ll be a “Prime7 HD” watermark on regular programing?

2 Likes

They’ll probably just use the normal HD, like the normal 7HD.

As they’ve taken the normal Seven Sport HD.

think it is herem to stay even my tv upated it self to lcn 60 prime 7 hd

i think prime7 hd was a very soft launch as no one of the online tv guides have added lcn 60 as prime7hd as yet

Some caps of Seven News Sydney from Prime7 HD. Is the opener never in HD @SydneyCityTV ?

Also I don’t know if its me overthinking things or not, but is the HD quality of the graphics is slightly less than you would see on Seven metro?:thinking:

)

4 Likes

Everything looks upscaled except the story supers

1 Like

Yep, the Opening Headlines (the recap later in the bulletin appears to be done live, so that’s in native HD), titlecard and other pre-recorded elements on Seven News Sydney are upconverted SD.

1 Like

According to this, the switch may have been flicked around 9am this morning: https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2529218#r55516161

8 Likes

just saw a thing saying tune into channel 60 for hd just then on the tennis lol

1 Like

Prime7 HD!

Wow, like others have been saying I didn’t see this coming either :smile:

Just watching the tennis now, it looks native HD too, not the upconverted version that SC in Tassie are running either.

Will be interesting to see if the “local” content out of Canberra is native HD or not.

Prime7 have timed it well for the Australian Open and 2018

5 Likes

Just saw a Prime7 News update.

Upscaled SD.

Would have been nice to see HD like WIN does.

1 Like

Weather Update that aired earlier was in HD though:

Noodle Update:

8 Likes

Judging by those caps, it looks like the red Prime7 “watermark” is in native HD though. Oh and the Sponsor Billboard just before the News Update, can’t forget that! :wink:

Did anyone in a full bulletin region see whether Prime7 Local News/Prime7 News at 6.30 was in native HD or upconverted SD on LCN-60 tonight?

1 Like

Hey congrats man

13 Likes

Here is the pop up that appeared at start of Tennis at 7pm - the extent of their advertising for the HD service:

10 Likes

Yeah, congrats to me for getting nothing! A very limp event indeed.

9 Likes

piss weak. almost like they don’t want viewers to know!?

I don’t think Seven even had an on-screen message when they “launched” their HD simulcast.

5 Likes

Just saw it again, on both HD and SD:

5 Likes