Seven Regional

Wait, so they do have a Sydney-based playout, and not the Perth one before Telstra bought the facility?

I understand it’s the Deluxe one where SBS was already playing out from.

2 Likes

With thanks to @Zampakid for supplying the Prime video, here is a comparison between the Prime and Seven presentation during Home and Away tonight

Notes:

• Seven alternated colours on the PRG (Yellow and Teal), while Prime stuck with one colour throughout (Teal)
  • At the beginning, Seven started out with the Commonwealth Games watermark, while Prime started on the Seven logo only before transitioning to the Comm Games watermark. After each ad break, both started out Seven only before doing the transition (after the PRG)
  • Prime capitalising the ‘And’ in the PRG title, Seven does not
  • Watermark more transparent on Seven
  • Watermark remains on during the closing credits and ID, while Prime takes it off.
13 Likes

Ash tray I think cause many people still smoked in the early 90’s

1 Like

That would be a weird looking ashtray. Besides, it’s a frisbee

2 Likes

I wonder if there was ever such thing as a Prime branded ashtray? Wouldn’t surprise me.

1 Like

My local council had Prime branded bins…

…and stickers.

20 Likes

Prime: “This is where we live, Shellharbour”

Me: “The bin?”

9 Likes

My mother has similar branding for Prime Local News on the side of her rubbish bin. It always struck me as odd that they’d choose to market themselves on the side of a bin and mentioned that in a complaint letter about overnight programming I sent to Prime’s Wollongong HQ in the mid 1990s.

7 Likes

Were you just a young lad when you sent your letter to Prime? I sent a letter once to GWN in my teens complaining about advertising during kids programming. I wonder if this is something a lot of us media enthusiasts did in our younger years?

I was in my early 20s. I only ever sent two formal letters to television stations, Prime and Seven, and received decent replies to both. Had I known you could get fan cards and other cool stuff by writing in, I’m sure I would have done it often throughout my childhood.

I sent something in to Hey Hey’s Media Watch segment once and used to send the odd stamped self addressed envelope to Nine for fact sheets from Burke’s Backyard and Money.

2 Likes

As did I. Was quite chuffed. Nothing ever changed though haha

Well now I think I was duped. All I got was a fancy GWN letterhead!

1 Like

I remember those bins!

Sure it’s a bin, but it’s pretty clever advertising if you think about it. A bin is out on the street every week/fortnight. If you drive past, you’re going past hundreds of bins - not to mention the bins which are permanently out.

Also, bold claim, but I’m going to say that the “This Is Where We Live” campaign was more of an earworm than “Streets of Your Town”. “This is where we live…'coz we’re Prime!” Still loops around my head every so often.

8 Likes

I wrote to Prime once as well, about their LOUD (at the time) watermarks.

I see them all around the place in Lake Mac City Council.

I sent an email complaint to Prime about the adult ads at night and the frequency of them.

1 Like

The Perth company by the same name that you found is unrelated.

Hmm - this article talks about them being Perth based as well

1 Like

While we’re on LCNs, Im not sure if Seven will opt for LCN 7x for Prime stations. They’ll encounter more overlaps than in regional Qld and will have stick to LCN 6x in those areas anyway.

I wonder if they’ll use a region name for GWN7 channels? Prime didn’t, and just using “7” will look weird

3 Likes

People in Prime territory have always used LCN 6 anyway, changing the numbers around is a lot of effort for no reward

2 Likes