Seven Regional

According to this, the switch may have been flicked around 9am this morning: https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2529218#r55516161

8 Likes

just saw a thing saying tune into channel 60 for hd just then on the tennis lol

1 Like

Prime7 HD!

Wow, like others have been saying I didn’t see this coming either :smile:

Just watching the tennis now, it looks native HD too, not the upconverted version that SC in Tassie are running either.

Will be interesting to see if the “local” content out of Canberra is native HD or not.

Prime7 have timed it well for the Australian Open and 2018

5 Likes

Just saw a Prime7 News update.

Upscaled SD.

Would have been nice to see HD like WIN does.

1 Like

Weather Update that aired earlier was in HD though:

Noodle Update:

8 Likes

Judging by those caps, it looks like the red Prime7 “watermark” is in native HD though. Oh and the Sponsor Billboard just before the News Update, can’t forget that! :wink:

Did anyone in a full bulletin region see whether Prime7 Local News/Prime7 News at 6.30 was in native HD or upconverted SD on LCN-60 tonight?

1 Like

Hey congrats man

13 Likes

Here is the pop up that appeared at start of Tennis at 7pm - the extent of their advertising for the HD service:

10 Likes

Yeah, congrats to me for getting nothing! A very limp event indeed.

9 Likes

piss weak. almost like they don’t want viewers to know!?

I don’t think Seven even had an on-screen message when they “launched” their HD simulcast.

5 Likes

Just saw it again, on both HD and SD:

5 Likes

Well, they are the last station to go HD, so they’ve really got nothing to brag about.

5 Likes

Yeah, wouldn’t surprise me if Prime don’t promote HD at all (apart from that little pitiful bug at the start of each program).

Viewers will just have to discover it.

Might take a long time before everyone finds it.

are you sure it was you for whom the event was limp?

1 Like

Looks better without the grey box.

Gee, MediaHub are doing a ton of tinkering at the moment aren’t they with Prime!

Another Weather Update:

6 Likes

I can’t imagine it’ll take overly long for people to find Prime7 HD.

Many of the newer TVs (probably most capable of receiving MPEG4 signals?) automatically find new channels or provide a prompt to rescan when new services pop up. Some older equipment might even need a rescan to continue receiving 7mate with that channel having switched to SD.

In any case, I wonder if a update of this thread to include Prime7 HD (and also 7Flix via Prime7, launched on 3/9/2017) might be a good idea @TV.Cynic? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

But in this case LCN 60 was an already existing service so there would be no prompt.

3 Likes

The opener in this update looks like it is HD:

3 Likes