From Wikipedia -
Call sign meaning
New
England
New South Wales

2 Likes

thank you. I’m still new to the call sign stuff

1 Like

Yep - especially when they run different news (and sometimes sport?) schedules.

4 Likes

If I am correct:

QTQ and BTQ air the Brisbane feed into the Gold Coast. It has opt-outs at 4:30pm for Millionaire Hot Seat, and Nine/Seven Gold Coast News at 5:30pm then back to the network feed for Nine/Seven News Brisbane at 6. They are ONLY allowed to air local ads during the Gold Coast News, at other times they must air the Brisbane ads. However on the location names they have “Channel 9 Gold Coast” and “7 Gold Coast”

TVQ have the entire Brisbane feed into the Gold Coast. They do not have “10 News First Gold Coast” instead just airing the Brisbane bulletin. Also unlike the other stations, there is no “10 Gold Coast” branding on the EPG like other 10 O&Os Also like QTQ and BTQ, they cannot air Gold Coast ads and MUST air Brisbane ads.

NEN airs the Sydney feed into the Gold Coast. They do not have a local news, as it was axed in 2000. Unlike QTQ, TVQ and BTQ, the regional stations including NEN are allowed to sell local advertising and air them at whatever times they want to. As been said before, both BTQ and NEN have “7 Gold Coast” on the EPG, leading to confused viewers.

NBN airs the Sydney feed into the Gold Coast. They used to air the Brisbane feed, but when I was there they aired the Sydney afternoon news. NBN does not air Nine News Queensland/Sydney, instead airing “NBN News” a 1-hour composite bulletin with stories from Nine. With EPGs, it is a bit less confusing as NBN has “Nine-NBN Gold Coast” while QTQ has “Channel 9 Gold Coast”. Like NEN, they can sell local ads.

I am not sure what NRN airs, as I hardly checked. I think they air the Brisbane feed, not entirely sure. They do not have a local news service, as it was axed in 1994 like how BCV/GLVs was. However, they air updates through-out the day unlike NEN and TVQ. EPGs are less confusing as there is “10SD Gold Coast” and “10HD Gold Coast” not “10” and “10 HD”. Like NBN and NEN, they can also sell local ads.

8 Likes

10 Gold Coast (WIN, NRN) airs the 5pm Brisbane news. Used to air the Sydney edition up until a few years ago. Local News Updates are produced out of WIN Wollongong.

There’s not many local commercials on Seven and Nine Gold Coast News. Usually only local election commercials (local, state and federal candidates). Rates would be sky high and are better value for money on the “regional” stations.

It’s not just the ads that are different on 7 and 9 Gold Coast, the promos for the 6pm news differ from Brisbane’s, often specifically referring to a story being about a Gold Coast subject when the Brisbane promo says the exact same story is about Brisbane or Queensland. The promos for breakfast TV are also often Gold Coast specific.

Nine GC yesterday has local adverts and a local sponsor.

4 Likes

Does 7 Gold Coast (ie. the BTQ opt out service) use an internal call sign?

I know that 9 Gold Coast (QTQ opt out) is known internally as GCQ. It’s sometimes used to indicate that promos are “Gold Coast safe” - in the case of Hot Seat, a QTQ and a GCQ version will exist, with different start times advertised.

1 Like

I have noticed today while watching SWAT there was 2 metro sponsor billboards for national businesses using the seven metro voice over rather than the one they use for most other sponsor billboards. Is seven using a dirty feed during SWAT. I know nbn has used the metro voice over since Win started doing sales on Nine’s behalf, im just unsure if Seven is following suit.

Prime7 office in Traralgon. Still has the PRIME branding as of today (October 2022).

5 Likes

Prime7 signage is coming down at the Coffs Harbour office. Being replaced today. Will try and get a photo later.

7 Likes

16 Likes

Hopefully this happens to all the Prime7 and GWN7 offices around the country.

building looks like a two-story toilet block? Is it actually an office or is it just a technical hub?

5 Likes

The newsroom is definitely in there. Just an odd shaped building. It’s part of a complex at a part of Coffs known as “The Jetty”. CHY FM are in the same complex.

2 Likes

If Coffs is getting new signage then the rest of their buildings will be too. It stands to reason.

2 Likes

barely wide enough to fit a desk across!? does the building widen out on the other side?

1 Like

Not by much

4 Likes