Seven Regional

I wrote to Prime once as well, about their LOUD (at the time) watermarks.

I see them all around the place in Lake Mac City Council.

I sent an email complaint to Prime about the adult ads at night and the frequency of them.

1 Like

The Perth company by the same name that you found is unrelated.

Hmm - this article talks about them being Perth based as well

1 Like

While we’re on LCNs, Im not sure if Seven will opt for LCN 7x for Prime stations. They’ll encounter more overlaps than in regional Qld and will have stick to LCN 6x in those areas anyway.

I wonder if they’ll use a region name for GWN7 channels? Prime didn’t, and just using “7” will look weird

3 Likes

People in Prime territory have always used LCN 6 anyway, changing the numbers around is a lot of effort for no reward

2 Likes

Do people actually use LCNs? I don’t i select the channel from the list

yes, often

6 Likes

I 90 per cent of the time use LCNs too.

5 Likes

Regardless, they define the default order the channels are in.

1 Like

I always use the LCNs

pressing a number on the remote is quicker and more intuitive than navigating a menu on the TV or just repeatedly pressing -/+ for channels etc.

2 Likes

Is it a lot of effort? Asking genuinely. I’ve live in Europe (UK & Portugal) and our channel numbers change pretty regularly. Twice last year in the UK alone. Technically I can get about four local versions of ITV clear as a bell. When retuning, Freeview asks me to choose between my local region for numbers or order them by strength of signal. So you take the network suggestion or go it alone.

The “L” stands for “logical”, no? Weird to have Channel 10 on 5 and Channel 7 on 6 etc.

4 Likes

The aim is to be in a position that’s favourable, even when tuning from multiple markets. Hence the 7 and 6 for Seven and Seven affiliates.

If Seven affiliates were assigned LCN 7 like metro, then the weaker of the two would be sent to the 350-399 range per Australian specifications

Why not replicate what they do in RQLD? Overlaps on the Sunshine Coast and Toowoomba use LCN 6-series for the STQ and LCN 7-series for BTQ.

1 Like

Because it’s just messy and none of the other affiliates do it :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Overlaps between duplicates of different regional regions would be just as common as the overlap between metro and regional - quite often you get both a metro and regional ABC/SBS without any real issue. The only place it makes sense for the alternate LCNs are where there’s a shared tower like the Sunshine Coast.

One of the original planning documents actually had a better solution proposed - allocate a three digit unique LCN for the regional variations. Eg you’d assign 7 Western Victoria 773 and 7 Bendigo 774, in addition to their allocations on 7 or 70. That way even if you have duplicates, you can still pick your most relevant local service.

The multichannels are statewide so there’d be no need to split those up.

5 Likes

I like that idea. Better than just throwing them into 350’s in no particular order.

4 Likes

Have the AFL score graphics in the top left corner during ad breaks appeared in Prime7 (and 7mate) land yet?

Side question for mods - Can this thread be taken out of “slow mode” yet since this is the first post in 3 days?

1 Like

Not on Prime7 (Bendigo) that I’ve seen. There is no graphics during ads.

1 Like