Seven Regional

From what I recall, 7flix via Prime7 uses HE-AAC.

4 Likes

Is it common for HE-AAC to come through so much louder, or is that a quirk of my TV?

7flix is far louder than all channels and even all of my HDMI inputs, it’s quite strange.

Could it be a Dialnorm issue, either with your TV or what 7flix is sending through?

1 Like

Summer Billboard

Pink logo

1 Like

Another summer billboard

2 Likes

An outage affecting Mt Moombil transmitter - PRIME7 and WIN are currently down.

Nine must be loving this!

5 Likes

Ten years today since Prime rebranded to Prime7, that has flown by fast…

8 Likes

this prefer the original Prime branding.

I prefer the 7 branding. Having a totally separate brand is pointless & even confusing as/when the network branding is seen.

4 Likes

I always thought they would have done the SC9 type of branding but in away they are kind of doing it now anyway.
How they double brand now days has always reminded me of the old 7Central branding.

2 Likes

Indeed. Who would’ve thought back then that the Prime7 & GWN7 brands would even last ten years!

Mind you, it would not at all surprise me if there’s some form of major rebrand before 2031…

Perhaps it’s in part due to this Sydney boy not getting to watch regional TV terribly often before the period between 2011-19 when I’d see it on average at least once a year, but I don’t really have a massively strong attachment to the old Prime Television brand.

I agree, although at least the separate brands are keeping Possum and Doopa Dog over in the West on life support. We probably would’ve seen those mascots (which I find a bit cheesy although no doubt many country kids had a Harold-like attachment to them) permanently put to sleep if the proposed Seven West/Prime Media merger actually happened a year or so a go.

4 Likes

I actually thought the Prime/Gwn names would have dropped a few years back as well!

4 Likes

Actually going on Primes past history they have rebranded every ten years so you never know!

2 Likes

Well they took a version of the current network graphics at the same time as Seven back in June then slightly tweaked the news graphics back in August.

I doubt there’ll be any major changes to the branding of Prime7 in 2021, unless of course there’s something big happening behind the scenes we’re not yet aware of.

2 Likes

That’s true… But it would not be the first time, I am showing my age hear but I remember Southern Cross changing to SCN in September 1993 and in May 1994 they were Ten Victoria so it does happen occasionally.

Almost died of shock when I come home from work on that
Friday afternoon and found myself turning on channel ten

5 Likes

After the drama with 7 Tasmania and the way its news is branded, it makes perfect sense as to why we’ve not seen any shedding of the Prime / GWN brands since.

8 Likes

Kudos to Prime for successfully integrating the 7 branding into their own. Viewers are not confused and do not seem to mind if/when the occasional generic 7 branding appears in a show or promo. And they still associate it with Prime.

Well done both brands lasting this long. Who would’ve thought by now it would still be “Prime” 7 and not just 7.

5 Likes

… when we built Prime Wollongong in 1988, I deliberately arranged for the phone number to end in 777 and the PO Box to be 777 … but Allan Hoy wanted to keep a separation between 7 and Prime, particularly in Wollongong because of the signal overlap with Sydney and diary-based ratings … as a result we were the first to use a lower-right-frame logo supered over all program content on the Wollongong feed … something that all networks now do …

8 Likes

Top right to start off with, wasn’t it?

My father lived south of Wollongong and insisted the VHF antenna be repaired when it was damaged in a storm in the early '90s because he refused to watch television with that branding on the screen. The repairman was a little perplexed that he’d go to the expense given virtually the same programming was now available on the UHF band through the new “local” stations. I don’t know how he coped when they all started doing it given how easily irritated he was. I guess it forced him to learn to use a DVD player given the number of western themed DVDs we discovered in his house after his death.

6 Likes

… could’ve been … we tried various permutations in the early days … :grinning:

… and we (WIN4) once did a follow-up to a diary survey that showed people watching the afternoon soaps on 9 rather than on WIN … one lady insisted that the 9 signal was of “better quality” … obviously this was not true from a technical perspective so we followed up again to find out what she meant by “better quality” … it turned out she didn’t like the local commercials and preferred those from Sydney :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes