Seven News Spotlight

7NEWS Spotlight: Fight of His Life

Premieres 7pm this Sunday

There was a time when Johnny Ruffo felt invincible. Now he knows too well how fragile life is.

Singing and dancing his way into Australians’ hearts on The X Factor in 2011 was just the beginning for the youngster full confidence and charm.

A record deal and platinum debut single would quickly follow, plus tours with One Direction, New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys, and a starring role on Australia’s #1 drama Home and Away .

Then, in 2017, Johnny’s world came crashing down.

Brain cancer.

Immediate surgery to remove a large tumour was followed by 12 months of aggressive chemotherapy and radiation.

Johnny fought like he was never going to be beaten and the cancer retreated. But in November last year, more than a year after he entered remission, came the devastating news that his cancer was back.

In this emotional edition of 7NEWS Spotlight , witness the most private battle of larger-than-life Johnny and the enormous fight he now faces.

Johnny, his family and his medical team allowed 7NEWS Spotlight to follow him for months, to be there for every critical moment as he battles this relapse and to document the final days leading up to the biggest news of his life.

Above all else, this is a beautiful love story of Johnny and his girlfriend, Tahnee, the fierce passion and enduring bond getting them through the fight of his life.

2 Likes

Poor guy is almost unrecognizable now, he must’ve been through a lot during his battle.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to hearing Johnny’s story.

1 Like

7NEWS Spotlight: Murder, She Wrote

7pm this Sunday

The mysterious death of Nadine Haag

For police, the death of beautiful young mother Nadine Haag was an open and shut case.

Her body discovered in the shower of her Sydney home and a goodbye letter in her handwriting.

It had to be death by suicide.

The Coroner overturned that ruling, declaring an open finding.

But Nadine’s shattered family remain steadfast in their belief her death was far more sinister.

In that farewell letter, a critical clue police missed – a secret message from beyond the grave discovered by Nadine’s sisters, who 12-years’ on from her death have never stopped fighting to find her killer.

Now, in this explosive 7NEWS Spotlight documentary, reporter Ross Coulthart forensically reexamines the case, piecing together evidence from the original investigation, crime scene photographs and autopsy findings to uncover critical evidence that police missed.

It’s a worldwide investigation that takes Coulthart all the way to the US, where one of the world’s foremost crime scene investigation experts, Scott Roder, applies cutting-edge technology in a series of experiments to test his hypothesis that Nadine’s death was in fact, murder.

Then back to Queensland’s Sunshine Coast where Coulthart confronts Nadine’s ex-boyfriend with the findings, in a worldwide investigation with a stunning conclusion.

What really happened to Nadine Haag?

https://twitter.com/7NewsSpotlight/status/1408208289867866114?s=20

1 Like

7NEWS Spotlight: Delta On Board

Sunday 18 July at 8:30 pm

A special investigation of Australia’s COVID crisis

The arrival of the COVID-19 Delta variant has thrown Australia’s two biggest cities back into lockdown, prompted State borders to slam shut again, and raised even more questions about the glacial pace of the nation’s vaccine rollout.

This Sunday at 8.30pm, a 7NEWS Spotlight special on Channel 7 and 7plus examines how the Delta variant found its way here, why so much of Australia has been plunged back into crisis, and the terrible toll it is taking on the health of many Australians, our communities and our economy.

Told through the eyes of the people on the frontline – the real Australians who are fighting COVID-19 and fighting to survive it – this special report includes startling revelations about the failure of the vaccine rollout and first-hand accounts of battling the virus including from NSW Agriculture Minister Adam Marshall.

7NEWS Spotlight: Delta On Board is essential viewing for all Australians, as we confront one of the biggest public health scares in our nation’s history.

7NEWS Spotlight Executive Producer, Mark Llewellyn, said: “This is not another story on COVID, this is the inside story on how the Delta variant breached Fortress Australia.

“From the time Flight FX 77 landed to that fateful limo ride we expose the astonishing weaknesses that have left all of us at risk.”

https://twitter.com/7NewsAustralia/status/1415975704412364804?s=20

Updated

3 Likes

Who is the reporter? He’s going for Hunt.

Taylor Auerbach

The Spotlight special on UFO, which premiered back in May, will be streamed worldwide on YouTube for the first time.

Judging by online guides, a Spotlight episode titled “7NEWS Spotlight: Heroes of the Games”, will be airing from 9:15pm-10:15pm tonight.

2 Likes

Full info in the Olympics area

It was promoted by Matt Shirvington and Edwina Bartholomew before the Olympics closing Ceremony last night. I’d say they had been recording voice overs for it yesterday.

2 Likes

5 Likes

I wonder when Eddy and Matt recorded this? Probably after the Morning News today whilst the Martin Place studio space was free, so sometime between 12pm and 4pm?

I doubt it was yesterday given they were at Eveleigh for their last day of hosting.

Great use of the Martin Place studio and screens.

1 Like

I’m wondering now whether this is being filmed live, but I doubt it given they’d have to share the studio with The Latest who are on immediately after. So maybe this was filmed last night? You can see the darkness out the window of Martin Place.

I assume Cathy Freeman has asked to be called Catherine?

1 Like

She has asked to be called that for a while now @VictorianSun

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t realise. Just recently

The Latest is recorded after the 6pm bulletin, it’s not live.

I was actually going to say maybe they recorded it at 4am this morning…but that would be rough on the guests (though some of them look pretty tired).