Seven News Presenters and Reporters

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/veteran-sa-newsman-mike-smithson-to-share-presenting-duties-with-rosanna-mangiarelli-for-weekend-bulletin-and-new-1130am-weekday-bulletin/news-story/9ac0b6349fc959a743692102afe00fc9%3Famp

Article (behind a paywall) discussing Mike Smithson’s move to the weekend desk.

1 Like

Mike Smithson presenting the Adelaide Morning News

4 Likes

And thank goodness he wasn’t holding an unnecessary pen in his hand. Unlike most other Seven newsreaders.

3 Likes

Sport was with Theo Doropoulos

1 Like

Now that seven have actually turned a profit for once can we get over $$ questions. They have money and they can choose to spend it how they want.

15/02/2021:
Tina Altieri presented Perth’s morning news today.

12 Likes

I was going to suggest last week that they employ Tina (or Paula Voce) to just do the local Morning and 4pm News. Maybe that’s what they’ve done…

2 Likes

Tina Has been doing reports for Perth sunrise the last week or so
Sam Jolly, I can’t see her losing the 4 pm news
Any time soon

3 Likes

Reporting for Sunrise and presenting the Morning News sounds good to me (adding 4pm, was just me trying to justify the cost). Having a senior newsreader like Tina on the books would be great and better than using the sports reporter on some days.

I agree, though is Tina permanently based in Australia these days or is she planning on going back to Singapore?

I also wonder if Paula Voce is still a freelancer at the station as she didn’t present any bulletins this summer. Probably just that Seven preferred to use Tina over Paula.

Realistically I think Matt Tinney should be presenting and I’m surprised this hasn’t continued as it did during lockdown.

2 Likes

Tina Altieri presented Perth’s morning news again today.

4 Likes

17/02/21
Rosanna Mangiarelli presented the Adelaide Morning News today.

3 Likes

Does anyone know who is reading Melbourne’s Afternoon news based on updates?

1 Like

Mike Amor as normal.

4 Likes

I think Perth needs to utilise the fill ins. I know Rick, Sue, Tim and Ang are loyal to Perth and their ratings. But they should use presenters like Amelia Broun, Samantha Jolly, Tina Altieri etc. Why I say that is I feel like these fill ins aren’t getting enough 6pm exposure
Yes, Sam Jolly/Amelia Broun does weather for the 6pm news each night. But what about Elle Georgiou\Tina Altieri even just Ryan Daniels haven’t got enough 6pm exposure. Ryan does Weekend sport and sometimes Morning News but is that enough? Elle did a lot of the weekend news over the summer put she didn’t have much 6pm exposure. Even someone like Adrian Barich should do some fill in. He very rarely does Monday-Thursday news. Give them some National Exposure. Use your fill ins Perth!

What are you on about? TVW have given many of their reporters 6:00pm presenting exposure whenever Rick and Susannah are off. Generally weekends or public holidays but many have also had a weekday turn as well.

Amelia and Elle have both done 6:00pm weather on many occasions and both have been fill in news presenters. Sam has also presented the 6:00pm news many times.

Tina has presented quite a few weekend bulletins over the past 15 years and was also a regular fill in for Monika on Today Tonight. As did Andrea Burns back then.

Plenty of other TVW reporters all had their turns at 6:00pm. Howard Gretton, Reece Whitby, Louise Momber, Chantelle Toohey, Blake Johnson, Mark Gibson and Sally Bowrey just to name a few.

I have never liked the idea of sport presenters doing the news and there is no reason for it. It sort of works for Thommo at STW but otherwise no.

8 Likes

With all respect, I don’t think you know what you are talking about. All those presenters have had 6PM exposure in some shape or form.

Elle has filled in across all bulletins, Ryan occasionally does weeknight sport, Tina has also done 6PM on weekends towards end of last year.

If everyone needs 6PM exposure then lets just scrap Rick and Sue and have a sporadic roster of presenters which would probably lead you to say they have a revolving door of presenters.

5 Likes

Elle is about to go on maternity leave
Isn’t Ryan Sports editor at 7

Evening news updates have all been done from Perth this week

2 Likes