Seven News Presenters and Reporters

That’s interesting. Could Sally be presenting 6pm?

1 Like

She did Sunrise I think so maybe that’s why Liam is doing 4pm.

5 Likes

Ange is reading 6pm as normal :slight_smile:

4 Likes

He isn’t a bad presenter, but they have really been flogging him of late.

Unlike last Friday, Tony Auden did Gold Coast weather and then beach and fishing reports from the Brisbane studio. Not quite the same as having locals.

3 Likes

Sounds like they’ve moved him to Monday to Friday.

Last weekend Michelle did Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Perhaps she did Sunday to get Tony onto a Monday to Friday roster.

3 Likes

But last Friday Seven GC had a local beach report with Liz Cantor. Nothing local tonight.

2 Likes

Interesting. Maybe Liz was off or something.

I watched the afternoon news, I almost had an afternoon siesta (content + presentation combo was not great). Part of it was how the news was read, granted you can’t really put too much personality behind the headlines… you could at least try to inject some ‘energy’ into it.

Karina should try to present the news in the same dialect she does when speaking to the weather presenter (or going to commercial break). I found the difference stark enough to mention it here. I guess how I’m trying to put it is she should try to be more engaging rather than reading off the auto-cue.

2 Likes

Saturday 10 August and Sunday 11 August -
Karina Carvalho presenting her first weekend bulletin tonight, with Mike Amor.

EDIT: Melina Sarris presenting weather this weekend, filling in for Sonia Marinelli.

8 Likes
7 Likes

Chris Reason did look lives for the first story in Melbourne and Brisbane. In Sydney he was live.

5 Likes

Brisbane weather from the Ekka

3 Likes

Source: Trevor Himstedt, Facebook

11 Likes

Bring back Sharyn to read sport? :laughing:

While this was his decision, 7 Brisbane is going to be slaughtered by Nine. 2 presenters in so little months…

10 Likes

Seven Brisbane are just in a world of pain.

6 Likes
  1. Sharyn, Paul and Shane.

Let’s also not forget Pat Welsh in January last year and then loosing Katrina to weekdays and Sam new on weekends.

Been so many changes in 18 months.

8 Likes

I imagine that the promo that was shot with Sharyn and Max might also have included Shane - so almost completely useless now :smile:

7 Likes

Jesus Christ Seven Brisbane is falling apart - guess Shane wasn’t happy with many of the changes going on, or was offered a lower salary.

Only benefit Seven will get from this is that he will still be on air till January, so there is some space between Sharyn and Paul Burt leaving, and his own departure - would look better than have 3 senior long serving presenters all leave within 1-2 months.

7 Likes