Seven News Presenters and Reporters

Just saw Nine News’ Jade Vincent doing a court live-cross on Seven News with Ann Sanders, didn’t realise she’d left!

Tuesday 15th December -

Sean Sowerby is presenting sport and Samantha Brett is presenting the weather on the Morning News.

Ann Sanders is presenting national Afternoon News.

I think it was late last year or early this year when she moved over to 7.

2 Likes

I’ll admit I don’t find the time to watch many full bulletins as I once did and source a lot of news though other channels these days, but I still watch the occasional morning news or prime time bulletin and can’t believe I missed her, quite a gig and one she’s now experienced in too

Jayde is an excellent reporter.

4 Likes

She used to be at Ten News, remember her from the final Mal Walden days

2 Likes

Presenting sport and weather on the Morning News this week (Mon 14 Dec-Fri 18 Dec):

Monday - Sean Sowerby and Jane Bunn
Tuesday - Sean Sowerby and Samantha Brett
Wednesday - Sean Sowerby and Jane Bunn
Thursday - Matt Shirvington and Jane Bunn

Wednesday -

A nice message from Ann Sanders said at the end of the Morning News -“for our Morning News viewers, have a safe and Merry Christmas. I’ll be back at 4pm for viewers on the East Coast.”

6 Likes

Sounds like today might be Ann’s last day for the holidays?

3 Likes

Given she said that message at the end of the bulletin, then I’d say yes - today is probably her last day for 2020.

6 Likes

Trials over summer. If this works- Mark Ferguson is so gone.

Shame they couldn’t try this with Mel Doyle though.

21 Likes

Tick tock. Tick tock. Ferguson’s time is finally up.

9 Likes

Are you sure you’ve read that correctly? To me it reads that they will share the 7 days until late January which then they will sit together on Fridays and Saturdays.

Are you reading it as from next Saturday they’re reading together?

Unless I’m reading it wrong.

3 Likes

I read the article as they’ll be anchoring together immediately.

2 Likes

7 days a week for a month?

If the Usher & Cox duo is a trial to see if they could become the Sunday to Thursday team, it’s interesting to see that Seven want to put someone else next to Michael…do they not have faith in him as a solo anchor for weeknights?

5 Likes

Australia’s #1 news service today confirmed former US correspondent Angela Cox joins Sydney’s top-rating 7NEWS presenting team led by Mark Ferguson, to take up a new seat at the desk alongside Michael Usher on weekends.

Dual presenters

6 Likes

Wow… Big News!

Clearly this is a trial for weeknights.

3 Likes

Awesome! Even though I don’t live in Sydney :frowning:

Yep, very much a trial no doubt.

Very bold move by Seven. Cox and Usher are fantastic presenters.

I wonder how Sydney will react to dual anchors given it has traditionally been a single presenter market.

8 Likes

Wonder if they’ll need a bigger desk to accomodate both of them because of the social distancing requirements, lol.