Seven News Presenters and Reporters

One weather man out of how many doesn’t make a rule though.

And he’s not a meteorologist lol

1 Like

Gavin Morris anchored coverage of the Lismore floods for NBN News last year on location (I know he is the co-anchor of the bulletin now, but he is also still the meteorologist).

1 Like

Didn’t he break his arm in Sydney last week?

Dislocated his shoulder in Melbourne.

1 Like

Agree with keeping Tony in Brisbane. If there’s rolling coverage tomorrow he’s better use at the maps zooming in on what’s happening with all the incoming data.

6 Likes

But Tony is often out and about on location around Brisbane and the coasts.

Exactly. He’s just a reporter like Paul Burt, who 7 already has up in FNQ.
Keep Tony in Brisbane.

Really? That’s odd.

Can’t you bring them in from elsewhere in the network?

Yes, but there’s a number of reasons why that may not have been possible. Perhaps by the time they saw the amount of resources Nine have thrown at it, it was too late.

off-topic I know, though she presented weather on location from Cronulla on Nine News Sydney last night.

You can’t tell.

An odd take, given they have no presenters up there and only had three crosses tonight. I watched both bulletins tonight to compare and thought Nine owned it… double the crosses and two presenters in the thick of it, not in a studio 2000km away.

It was Ann’s final bulletin for the year this afternoon - she thanked us all for watching this year and said that she’ll be back with us in the new year. :christmas_tree:

8 Likes

Everyone knows Seven is all about “right person for the right job” -

10 Likes

I don’t think people really care which network has more resources there…

1 Like

Presence is everything. Having the ability to chase multiple angles, add rolling coverage, add or change locations, and or cross to a crew at a moments notice, is a huge advantage for any network. It also visually looks great from a promotional perspective.

1 Like

Ah yes. The QTQ promos that are always so well done….

1 Like

Tony Auden was on Sunrise this morning but Laura Dymock presented the weather at 6pm

6 Likes