Seven News Presenters and Reporters

All all-female presenting line-up tonight. Angie on news, Mel on sport and Sally on weather.

9 Likes

I think this might be the first time Angie is on news with Sally on weather. When Angie and Sally have been on daytime bulletins together, it was always Sally on news and Angie on weather.

Great to see Angie reading the 6pm news though. She’s had a very busy last week or so on-air.

7 Likes

Saturday 15 January and Sunday 16 January -
Sonia Marinelli presenting weather in Melbourne this weekend.

6 Likes

@JohnsonTV Sonia is weather presenter in Melbourne whilst Melina Sarris is on maternity leave.

9 Likes

Looks like Sonia has taken over the weather role from Estelle Griepink.

2 Likes

I think it’s only her second time doing so, the last was back in 2016.

6 Likes

It appears Estelle’s now a/the court reporter. That’s how Blake introduced her on the bulletin tonight.

1 Like

What happened to Sharnelle Vella?

2 Likes

She’s still the State Political Reporter, but going off her twitter she has been at home isolating due to her husband testing positive

1 Like

I thought she was Court reporter? Must’ve got them confused!!

1 Like

Jayde Vincent is the Court reporter.

2 Likes

So has Jayde been demoted to general news reporting, to give Estelle the court reporter role as a make good from removing her as third in-line for weather, which is now held by Sonia Marinelli?

1 Like

Or maybe Estelle is just covering Jayde because she is on holidays or in iso.

3 Likes

I initially thought that but I don’t think they’d give her the title of court reporter if it was just a temporary thing. Sounds pretty permanent to me.

2 Likes

Maybe some people prefer the variety of general news reporting and being on the road than sitting in court all day?

2 Likes

Monday 17 January-

Jodie Speers is back presenting Early News this week.

Robert Ovadia is presenting Morning News and Afternoon News in Sydney.

Blake Johnson is presenting Afternoon News in Melbourne.

3 Likes

Sonia has a lot more experience as a weather presenter than Estelle,when she was on Nine she was the permanent weather presenter on the Regional Victorian bulletin. At one stage in her career she had a stint as the weekend weather presenter and continued to be a regular fill in on the Melbourne bulletin for many years inbetween having her four children/maternity leave.
Judging by Melina Sarris’s Instagram she will be taking a year maternity leave.

4 Likes

Promo for tonight

10 Likes

Tim Watson is back presenting sport in Melbourne this week.

6 Likes

Tina Altieri presenting Perth’s afternoon news,she also presented Perth‘s 11.30 morning news

5 Likes