Seven News Presenters and Reporters

Taking a night off? On leave?

4 Likes

Maybe she uses her name professionally and doesn’t want her actual surname out there.

2 Likes
3 Likes

So far I think Bec Maddern is doing well and she clearly works well with Mike Amor.

As I’ve said before, one of my gripes is that I hate the theatrical pauses. Not sure who is writing her stories because some of them feel like they would be more suitable for an entertainment review rather than a news story. Eg “slashing queues…at testing centres”, or “no-one…amazingly…was hurt”. The latter would’ve been much better if it was written as “amazingly no-one was hurt”.

2 Likes

Surely Seven will let Bec have input into her own script.

2 Likes

If seven Melbourne is anything like any newsroom I’ve worked in, Bec will be the one largely responsible for her scripts. Usually the reporters will have a few dot points with information they’d like in their intro to set up their stories and the presenters or producers will turn that into an intro.

At the very least, Bec will have access to her scripts to edit them, check pronunciation and to structure them to the way she would usually speak.

2 Likes

Depends on the person. If I were presenting, I’d need to put those pauses in the script - otherwise I will read it non-stop without a breath. :rofl:

Also, presenters have the final say on how an intro is worded.

2 Likes

That’s Bec’s news reading style, always has been.

Go check out old clips of her reading - it isn’t a new style.

3 Likes

Seven News Brisbane reporter Sally Gyte is in Serbian capital Belgrade to cover the Novak Djokovic visa controversy.
Was she in Europe to cover for someone else?

3 Likes

Jane Bunn has tested negative as per her Instagram.
She will her on the news tomorrow night

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s exclusively her style. Many of the presenters that have emerged since the mid 2000’s do similar techniques. Almost like they’re reading the news off a twitter account (doing the speech/voice version of writing short handed).

1 Like

Didn’t say it was exclusively hers, just that it’s not a new style of reading for her.

1 Like

Edwina Bartholomew is presenting Early News this week.

Monday 10 January to Wednesday 13 January-

Paul Kadak is presenting Morning News.

8 Likes

Don’t start the pen argument again :wink:

6 Likes

Sshhh - nobody mention The Project

3 Likes

holding pens is the gateway, you know… next they will be holding a ream of printer paper

YouTube: Heartbreak Hotel

8 Likes
12 Likes

What year did he head over to the US?

4 Likes

Jane Bunn is back in Melbourne tonight, Andrew McCormack is presenting sport.

7 Likes

Think it was late 2000/early 2001.

He hadn’t been in the US very long when 9/11 happened.

3 Likes