Seven News Presenters and Reporters

Seems that whilst Angie Asimus is on maternity leave the following is happening:

Amber Laidler presenting Sydney’s weather Sunday to Wednesday (Sally Bowrey on Thursdays, in addition to her normal role on Fridays and Saturdays).

Robert Ovadia reading the 5pm news on Sundays.

7 Likes

So, it is Amber V Amber in the Sydney TV weather battle!

6 Likes

Melina Sarris has returned from maternity leave.
https://www.instagram.com/p/ComLCCSPwXj/

4 Likes

Thursday 16 February -
Sonia Marinelli presented weather in Melbourne tonight.

6 Likes

Former West coast eagle Mark Lecra has joined 7 news Perth as Costal and Fishing expert. His segments will air Thursday & Friday night starting tonight.

8 Likes

6 Likes

LeCras

1 Like

Has Nick Etchells returned to HSV7?
It sounds like his voice overing todays news updates

4 Likes

Yep, returned last September as a full time producer.

8 Likes

Interesting. If I remember, Blake Johnson originally took over his position when he left back in 2017.

2 Likes

What’s old is new again.

All we need is for Jen to defect back to Seven and they’ll go full retro.

8 Likes

I doubt this will happen but could HSV-7 also bring David Brown back in a freelance capacity? To my knowledge he hasn’t been sighted on television since he left 7NEWS Sydney towards the end of 2020.

1 Like

IIRC, Brownie might’ve appeared on Weekend Sunrise a few months ago (from Melbourne) to talk about the weather?

Whilst Brownie would bolster their team, I do also think it’s unlikely whilst HSV have Jane Bunn, Sonia Marinelli, Melina Sarris etc.

3 Likes

He used to appear on 9 News Perth under Fish Watch in the same capacity. Sneaky grab by 7.

2 Likes

Another case of “if you can’t beat them, join them!”

4 Likes

It would be great to see Jennifer Keyte return to 7 News Melbourne.

The first time this happened (she was moving across from Nine), in 2003, Seven were in a terrible state of affairs as far as its Melbourne news ratings were concerned. But it was never going to be a quick fix; they (Seven Melbourne) knew what they were doing and that, along with hiring Rob Gell to present its weekend weather, was part of their long-term plan to overtake their rivals at GTV.

If she were to return, and I don’t think it’ll happen, the question would be where she would fit in Seven Melbourne’s plans, given last year 7NEWS Melbourne had its strongest-rating year since 2009 (when it lost only six weeks to Nine News).

Bec and Mike are the future of 7 Melbourne. Make it a permanent double header.

6 Likes

She’d be more likely to go to Nine which needs more readers at GTV.

6 Likes

Agree. Currently there is no position for her at HSV. If something happened to Peter Mitchell (doubtful) Mike and Bec world move to weeknights and Blake would take weekends.

1 Like