Seven News Presenters and Reporters

Samantha Heathwood presented the Gold Coast News for the first time tonight (Thursday 11th August)

8 Likes

9 Likes

Sam had a handful of news presenting jobs covered throughout her career: from regional news to QTQ and now to rival BTQ.

Wishing for a GC reporter to fill in when either or both Steve and Amanda are unavailable to present.

1 Like

Someone like Liz Cantor or Josh Ribarich would be good.

4 Likes

Chris Reason has won 2 Kennedy Awards for his reporting in the Ukraine.

5 Likes

One of the awards was for John Cannon his camera operator.

https://twitter.com/kennedyawards/status/1558055372509679616?s=20&t=Fu21Ad4f4zU0k4yPnC1akA

6 Likes

Talk about cutting it fine. Amanda Abate presented the Gold Coast news on Wednesday night, and on Thursday she gave birth! I’m sure she wasn’t expecting it to happen so soon because she said “I’ll be back tomorrow” at the end of Wednesday’s bulletin.

9 Likes

He has been, a few times. Sunrise in 2002, Morning News for a while, Sunday Sunrise for a while.

3 Likes

Looks like Blake Johnson is presenting in Melbourne tonight. I’m posting this as it’s highly unusual as both regular presenters (Bec/Mike) have just returned from holidays.

4 Likes

Abbey Gelmi returns to present sport in Melbourne this weekend. She missed the final days of Seven’s coverage of Birmingham Commonwealth Games because she was sick.

5 Likes

Good to see Michelle Bishop present the sport in Sydney tonight. She should do a awap with Mel McLaughlin so she is the permanent Sport presenter in Sydney.

5 Likes

I’m sure the same thing happened to Kay McGrath many years ago. IIRC, she signed off on maternity leave on a Friday night, then gave birth on the Saturday.

2 Likes

She gave birth to a girl named Pia Rose Beauchamp on Thursday.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/ch-7-gold-coast-newsreader-amanda-abate-and-husband-welcomes-second-ivf-baby/news-story/7516024ce5eae5aaaee98de21c467a41%3Famp

Edit: added article link

2 Likes

Do we really need to know those finer details? Sure she might post in her Instagram or whatever but do we need to repost it here? It’s so personal.

7 Likes

She’s also done interviews about it in local media. I’d agree if it was only on social media but this was very much public knowledge.

Which is fine because it was discussed in interview form in the media but posting it here just feels creepy and intrusive. If the article was posted and linked then it would be fine but going out of your way to mention it after posting that she’s given birth just seems so intrusive. Some members are going too far lately with personal information on this forum. It’s starting to make me uncomfortable how much personal stuff is posted here especially when most of the time it doesn’t even generate conversation.

I forgot to mention Amanda did an interview with The Courier Mail which appeared yesterday.

Agreed, something for the perves on Auscelebs maybe, not here.

Wasn’t this the website/forum that Lily Cardis called out in 2020?

I often wondered about this myself - there have been numerous incidents of TV girls getting stalked and harassed including one being accosted by an armed man in a carpark: some do seem to overshare on their Twitter accounts which I am guessing their boss wants them to have to promote their stories. In some cases clicking on links has even shown up their work mobile numbers. This always seemed very risky to me and I am aware the married TV girls do usually use their maiden names professionally so that gives their family some privacy. Some also have personal business websites where they promote being a hired gun for PR etc presumably working off an ABN which leads you to wonder if they are ABN workers at the TV too?

TV stations seem to have taken their branding off their vehicles perhaps they should also let staffers remove their online presence if they feel the need.