Seven News Presenters and Reporters

Yes. He was in studio on Sunrise recently talking about his experiences.

5 Likes

Sounds painful.

2 Likes

I wonder how long Geoff Parry will be in the war zone. He has being there from almost the beginning, doing amazing job.
I don’t think there would be to many who would put there hand up for this job.

12 Likes

So far Sarah Greenhalgh, Chris Reason and Hugh Whitfeld have had stints there but I’m thinking Geof is in it for the long haul now

2 Likes

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but both Amanda Abate and Kendall Gilding are pregnant, due in August and September respectively (according to their Instagrams).

Hopefully Amanda’s absence won’t hurt the GC ratings. And I guess Sam Heathwood will fill-in for Kendall on the 4pm news.

7 Likes

Looks to be reporting from Melbourne: yesterday on the 4pm and 6pm news.

5 Likes

From memory, last time Amanda took very little maternity leave.

1 Like

Wednesday 20th April-
Mike and Rosanna presented Adelaide 6pm

3 Likes

I can’t remember Rick and Sue ever taking a extra week over the Easter before period .

1 Like

Thursday 21 April & Friday 22 April-

Monique Wright presented Early News.

9 Likes

That is true. My tip is Steve solo for GC.

2 Likes

Bec Maddern seemed incredibly pissed off while presenting the afternoon bulletin in Melbourne today. It was very obvious. No enthusiasm and stone cold until Jane spoke to her as the bulletin ended.

4 Likes

@MBB I’ve also noticed this the past few weeks when Bec is presenting solo, definitely no warmth in her delivery.

6 Likes

I saw one of Elly’s reports on Easter Monday. She may be in Melbourne for a short stint.

4 Likes

That’s odd… she usually come across warm and upbeat when presenting. Especially when interviewing a guest or crossing to the sport and weather presenter. Maybe the honeymoon period of starting a new job has warn off and reality has kicked in.

4 Likes

I can tell you something when she was hosting Ninja Warrior: she was pissed off on the crowd.

(I was there to witness it)

1 Like

I’ve always thought that she was very cold and uninviting. It’s why she didn’t work on Weekend Today. No personality whatsoever. Which is why straight newsreading is her strength.

3 Likes

From what I’ve been told by people in the industry, unless you’re a big name, Maddern has a history of being cold with co-workers and fans.

3 Likes

Bec was in her prime when she was reading the national 4.30 news in late 2012 to mid 2013. I agree her strength is news reading it’s a shame she isn’t seen nationally. I find 7 Melbourne’s product a mess to what it used to be but that could be said in Sydney also.

4 Likes

She was also the 4:30 newsreader between September 2005 and June 2006, following David Johnston’s retirement. She would’ve only been 28 at the time.

It was this first stint that exposed her to a national audience.

5 Likes