Seven News Presenters and Reporters

21/6/2021 Angela Cox will be presenting the Morning News.

9 Likes

He died last night.

As the article mentioned, he was also a former director and chairman of NRL club Wests Tigers.

4 Likes

A weather report from Mike from 25 Dec 1983 (reception not the best that day).

8 Likes

Monday 21st June -
Joel Dry is presenting Queensland’s Afternoon News.

Ann Sanders returned this afternoon to present Sydney’s Afternoon News.

Judging off the last couple of weeks, maybe Ann is only doing the Morning News from Tuesday to Thursday (and still doing Sydney 4pm from Monday to Thursday), so she is working a shorter day on Mondays.

4 Likes

After just over five years, Cameron Price finished up at Seven News Sydney this month. His Twitter bio no longer mentions 7 News Sydney.

8 Likes

He has set up a new company - coming soon

LeadStory is an On-Demand, Personalised News Streaming Service.

5 Likes

Mark Ferguson was promoting Sydney’s first Sick Kids Day - could not attend hospitals because of COVID.

6 Likes

I was tossing up whether or not to do a new thread for the “Sydney Sick Kids Appeal” earlier in the week, ultimately I didn’t because it was unclear whether this was a full-on telethon or just something done during ad breaks, etc.

Either way, it likely explains why we didn’t see a Gold Telethon on Nine for the Queen’s Birthday Public Holiday…

Mark Stevens is leaving Seven to be the Media Manager for the Victorian Liberal Party. Big loss for the network. Who will replace him as Chief Football Reporter?

Most likely Tom Browne.

Either way, they’ll need to hire someone new, otherwise they’ll only be left with Tom Browne, Andrew McCormack, Laura Spurway and Chris Stubbs as reporters.

I reckon they should poach either Rob Waters from Ten, or Corey Norris from Nine, to become Chief Football Reporter.

Olivia Leeming is leaving Canberra and is off to Thailand.

2 Likes

Elaborate. Is it a correspondent role?

Why must you be so rude? If I knew that I would have said it.

1 Like

I didn’t think it was rude, they were asking a question. Maybe they thought you knew where Olivia was off to with 7.

Could’ve asked in a nicer way though. The tone sounded a bit like ‘don’t you know who I am’ which is a bit blunt and also makes you feel targetted.

Not the first time this has happened on this forum.

5 Likes

They made it seem like she was leaving, as in Matt and Nat were saying how good it has been chatting to her etc, wishing her well etc however she also said she’d be bringing all the news from over there.

So my interpretation is that she is staying with 7 for reports but maybe not live crosses so much into the likes of Sunrise. But I’m not certain.

2 Likes

Friday 25 June-

Matt Carmichael presenting sport on Morning News & Sydney 4pm/6pm News, filling in for Matt Shirvington.

3 Likes

Friday 25 June -

Michael Usher presenting Sydney’s 6pm news.

New endboard with just Fergo and Usher in the 4:20pm preview.

6 Likes

What did it previously have? Just Fergo? Or Fergo, Usher and Ange?