Seven News Presenters and Reporters

Melbourne certainly hasn’t had Mitch present our 4pm news(not that I know of, anyway)…have any other states had their main presenters read the afternoon bulletin?

Rick Ardon and Susannah Carr had presented Perth afternoon news before, but not together.

8 Likes

QLD:

3 Likes

Mark Ferguson presented a special edition of the Sydney Afternoon News in December 2019 because of the bushfire crisis back then.

2 Likes

oh that’s right…that was just recently wasn’t it?

1 Like

He also presented another special afternoon bulletin in August 2019, during Sydney’s CBD stabbing incident:

2 Likes

Has Laurel Irving’s Instagram been hacked? A post from her account has just announced her leaving Seven News Melbourne.

What would make you think she has been hacked?

That random username ella.ovseytseva65

1 Like

Completely missed that! Weird.

1 Like

Angela Cox and Michael Usher have both commented on it as well. Based on that I would assume it is legit. Very sad and a big loss for 7 Melbourne.

I do agree though, the strange username had me guessing for a moment :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

8 Likes

She’s going in to the public sector maybe she didn’t want her new colleagues looking her up.

5 Likes

Someone has replied to Michael Usher and Angela Cox’s comments saying that she has been hacked and isn’t leaving.

Will just have to wait and see I guess, who knows what’s going on.

3 Likes

Interesting. I think she may have left. Nothing on her Twitter tho. Who knows

1 Like

That profile picture is not even her.

She’s definitely leaving. It’s a legit post.

4 Likes

It’s always sad when an experienced reporter leaves,but the career change will probably offer her a better work life balance.Good Luck to Laurel!

5 Likes

If Laurel is indeed leaving, then hopefully they’ll make some sort of mention of it on-air during tomorrow’s bulletin. She will be a huge loss to the newsroom.

Of the top of my head, the only long-serving reporters remaining at Seven News Melbourne now will be Cameron Baud, Nick McCallum and Paul Dowsley.

1 Like

And yet Seven News Melbourne is probably the best performing on the east coast this year.

Many of my friends told me that their Facebook accounts had been hacked and had to change their password. I won’t be surprised if the hacking affects Instagram given it is also owned by FB.

1 Like