Seven News Content and Appearance

Update on radio just now for 7 News Melb -

‘Queensland opening to Victoria - but for how long?

This is kind of where I was coming from last night. Cant they just be pleased for 5 minutes? Without the scaremongering all the time?

11 Likes

Totally disagree - the real onus on Queensland if/when the other states get a case. Does that reset the 28 day timer? That’s a completely legitimate question to ask.

1 Like

It may be. But after what we’ve been through the last 6 months, I’d rather focus on the immediate promising story. Not the constant negative.

I’ve seen the last few points you made about the negativity of Seven News Melbourne, but now you say this, I almost wonder if you need to take a break from the news and chill on Netflix :sweat_smile:
I see what you mean, but after Queensland’s tough border stance, anything there could change.

You’ve missed my point. I’m not saying 7 News had a promising story - I’m saying the borders opening itself is a promising story. I don’t like how they choose to go from the opposite direction and focus on negativity about ‘what could happen if it goes wrong’.

So thanks for the advice. But I’m ok.

3 Likes

The question absolutely has to be asked. People are making plans for Christmas, booking flights to see families, booking accommodation.

If NSW or VIC get a case tomorrow - will the borders be closed again. That is something everyone needs to know, and a question that cannot be ignored. I’d expect no less from a news report about the borders.

2 Likes

SEVEN NEWS PERTH - 26/11/2020

3 Likes

Just notice this, but Melbourne now uses the right hand side screen (where sport is done from) for live crosses as seen in the video below.

2 Likes

The mish mash of colours on the two shot just doesn’t work. Yet another example of experimenting on-air. They love acting on their thought bubbles in there.

How do the colours not work? It’s red and blue. I reckon it looks quite crisp. And it flowed seamlessly.

Definitely not new…

Afternoon News interview

3 Likes

Not sure if it’s new or already been mentioned, but just saw a “Seven News starts in…” [countdown clock] super on 7flix at 5:59pm

2 Likes

Keen to hear what background people think looks better on Melbourne’s 4pm news?

The background behind Jacqui, or the one behind Mike which they currently use?

Personally I prefer the shot behind Jacqui which incorporates some of the Yarra River.

10 Likes

Wasn’t that changed too?

It’s what’s in the foreground that matters most :wink:

Yes, my bad, they’ve since been using this shot:

1 Like

Yuck

Kinda rather this.

3 Likes

NAB

Filling in the gaps.
These videos are not by me, credit goes to the respective owner.

More videos can be found by heading to the channel (through the videos).

2 Likes