Seven News Content and Appearance

“Score Review, umpire’s call is a go-” Cue The Mission

3 Likes

When was purple ever part of 7’s news branding…

Saw it advertised this morning as 6.40 on 7, and thought it must’ve been an error.

Around 1997 and 1998. Perth is still awaiting the carrier pigeon with some modern colours :laughing:.

I think the next question is when was green ever apart of Seven’s brand :wink:. Such an insult to Rick and Sue, who would be pulling in millions of dollars per year for Seven, to make them sit in front of a green screen. At least have a decent virtual set like ITV.

2 Likes

The original question was about the Perth bulletin over previous years, not now that they’re relocating The Latest.

But yes.

Standing presentation after an ad-break on the news at five.

10 Likes

The segment was also seen on the local 5pm news in Adelaide, so may of been pre-recorded.

1 Like

7 Melbourne has really dropped the ball on this Victorian mine emergency tonight. Grave fears to two trapped workers after a rock fall and nothing about it in tonight’s news updates. It lead the 6pm but nothing reported since. Others have been injured and taken to hospital.

Given the high rating line up tonight and absence of The Latest, the local team should be doing much better.

3 Likes

They’re too busy sprouting the outrage of the Victorian Liberal Party.

3 Likes

Has Nine covered it much? Assuming in the late news

First story on Nine’s Late News at 10pm in Sydney. 11pm Melbourne.

2 Likes

Victoria Police are holding a rare 10:30pm presser.

1 Like

The mine emergency was mentioned in a national late night update with Mark Ferguson. Surprised that it was completely ignored in the Melbourne evening updates given that it the news broke during the 6PM bulletin.

The Latest airing this week would have been handy.

3 Likes

7news has changed the design of their Youtube thumbnails again and they are UGLY!

1 Like

I think the expectation here is too much. Long gone are the days of networks having staff ready for live broadcasts after 6pm. There just aren’t enough viewers to justify having people hanging around 365 days a year on the off chance there’s a major story breaking late at night.

You guys clearly have the information you need as I’m sure your devices have kept you up to date.

I’m surprised that Sydney is doing the late updates. Thought Rick or Sue (or whoever is reading 6pm in Perth) would do them from Perth as usual for when The Latest isn’t on air over summer or on Friday’s.

Updates are recorded straight after the 6pm bulletin. I assume they didn’t touch on it out of fear the updates would be factually incorrect if there was a development between the recording and air time.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what they would have done, but it’s simply not good enough.

Does anybody take notice of news updates now? I can’t recall the last time I watched a program on free-to-air live. Myself (and pretty much all of the people I know) have a recording device and fast forward the ads which includes news updates. It’s only the older generation watching TV live so only a small proportion would be hanging out for a news update. Based on that, not worth having a crew wait around after hours for something to happen.

1 Like

This looks tacky.

1 Like