Seven News Content and Appearance

How old is this?

1 Like

It says 2009.

Look at the resources 7 Adelaide had back then.

1 Like

I love how iNews still looks the same after all these years.

For those interested in that sort of thing, pause at 2:00 in to the video. The second column to the left is reader initials - that sets the read rate for the script and times accordingly to their speech patterns. “I=SLUG” is the introduction script, “P=SLUG” is the package script. “CAN/MRi” and “SAS/GHu” are source of the packages with reporter initials. Mosart and Vizrt commands are in the scripts.

4 Likes

Are they still in the same building?

That Adelaide set looks miles better than the current one.

Cast me out, but I love the Adelaide set. Maybe not as much anymore, but it was a huge leap for Australia, especially the lighting grid and the almost seamless rear display.

4 Likes

Even better. Supporting local business.

1 Like

Replaced the garage door? Huh?

Do we all remember this… glorious plastic set?

If I remember correctly it got modified a few times to add more colours.

I think the current Adelaide set looked great when they first brought it in, but now lights are fading in it and it looks dreary.

5 Likes

Worst. Set. Ever. IMO it even beat Perth and that’s an achievement. Also interesting to see the completely different directions Adelaide and Brisbane went in when repurposing the same twisted metal set.

Also debuted with the ugly Arial Black on white lower thirds.

3 Likes

@marquisite will no doubt have more caps of that “lovely” set from the period :slight_smile:

I don’t mind that old set…

3 Likes

They have designed the current set to better fit the studios because the studio looks a lot less cluttered now than it did in the above video. That’s why I asked about the relocation (obviously transferred the twisted metal set over). Thanks for the insight.

2 Likes

7 Perth made same behind-the-scenes video back in the 2000s I believe… the 7 Adelaide one is a match of the Perth version, almost word-for-word in some segments.

9 Likes

It must’ve been like a school behind the scenes or something for a website? I don’t really remember seeing them until well… I don’t even remember.

1 Like

The Perth video was from the facility tours they offered to the general public and schools back in the day. Was quite a good tour too especially because there was a lot of history at TVW’s studios. Even got to meet the whole presenting team in the newsroom.

8 Likes

Wow I would’ve loved too of been there! Sounded like fun.

2 Likes

Following all the talk about the Adelaide set, there was this little behind the scenes view on tonight’s bulletin. It was seen about 17 minutes in, cap from Twitter.

9 Likes

Correct on both counts. NewsAustralia is also correct that it was used for station tours as well.

TVW produced a Flash-based CD which was sent to schools and had the video and some presenter profiles on it. I still have it all these years later. They also had a very low quality version of the video (split in to 5 separate files if I remember correctly) on the old Seven Perth website.

Since I’m in a good mood, here are some screen caps from the CD…

17 Likes