Seven News Content and Appearance

Interest rates announcment

3 Likes

What looks to be the screen on the desk being moved in the background of this instagram story?

Too high and not wide enough to be the desk screen.

2 Likes

What’s everyones thoughts on Seven extending its local Afternoon News from 3.00-5.00pm? (2 hour News Format)

2 Likes

What for?

3 Likes

Can’t see it happening, as long as the British version of The Chase continues to do well for the network (even though these days it trails Tipping Point on Nine).

One of the reasons why Nine News Now quietly copped the axe was because, put simply, it was overkill.

7 Likes

Have you heard that might be a chance?

Yeah that’s too much news…

I can see them having to repeat things 3 or 4 times in the 2 hours just to fill in the time.

4 Likes

Of course…. The format would be designed to tune in and out.

1 Like

Two hours of “straight news” in the arvo is too much much, like what happend to Nine with Nine News Now (axed) and the Afternoon News.

Although Seven had The Daily Edition at 2pm (The Chase sandwiched between at 3pm) and the Afternoon News at 4pm, even that was overkill.

10 Likes

7NEWS announces leadership team changes

The Seven Network’s Director of News and Public Affairs, Craig McPherson, announced to staff this morning several key changes to the 7NEWS leadership team.

After eight successful years leading the 7NEWS Sydney newsroom, Jason Morrison has made the decision to step aside from his current role as News Director to pursue other opportunities outside of the network.

Jason Morrison said: “I have loved working here with this amazing team who’ve built and solidified 7NEWS as the best news service in town.

“It’s been a real honour to be in this role and to achieve the success and growth that we have.”

Mr McPherson said: “I want to thank Jason for his tireless efforts over the past eight years. He leaves the team in very good shape as we move home base and into a new era for 7NEWS. He departs Seven with tremendous goodwill and best wishes for his next venture.”

Mr McPherson has announced the appointment of Neil Warren to the role of Director 7NEWS Sydney.

With a broadcast television career spanning 43 years, the past 31 of which have been with Seven, Mr Warren has amassed an impressive body of work as a journalist, bureau chief, executive producer and most recently leading the 7NEWS Brisbane and Gold Coast newsrooms.

Mr McPherson said: “Neil is a news craftsman, devoted to the product and the team. I am sure Neil will enhance and continue the momentum Jason and the Sydney News team have built.”

Mr Warren said: “7NEWS has a terrific and very talented Sydney team. It’s an exciting time, with the transition to a brand-new newsroom, and I’m grateful and very much looking forward to being part of that.”

Mr Morrison said: “I wish Neil all the best in his new job. He’s one of the industry’s gentlemen – a good friend and widely respected in the news business.”

In a mark of the depth of skill inside the 7NEWS team, current Deputy News Director, Michael Coombes steps into the Director 7NEWS Brisbane and Gold Coast role vacated by Mr Warren.

Mr Warren and Mr Coombes assume their new roles on Monday, 19 June.

1 Like

With Neil Warren taking over the Sydney newsroom, I wonder whether he’ll implement some elements of the Brisbane bulletin into Sydney’s, wherein after the main report there is a live cross to the reporter on the scene instead of him or her ending it with “[reporter’s name], Seven News”.

I also hope there’s much less tabloid stories too…

1 Like

Cue the tabloid stories and “fighting for NSW” tagline.

4 Likes

I think it’ll be the opposite… more tabloid.

1 Like

The glamour of tv news.

7 Likes

Well when you’re in studios that are about double his age, doesn’t surprise me ha

3 Likes

I daresay 6 News has a better set up than this.

3 Likes

That’s not the set for 7Q though is it? Why wouldn’t they do the updates off the main set?

1 Like

I get the impression that some (maybe even most) studios have a little ‘broom cupboard’ type news studio where updates are presented from. I remember watching a Nine Melbourne studio tour on YouTube with Hitch that showed one of these, although I can’t find that video. Others who are closer to the industry than I am may be able to offer more info.

I don’t really see the issue with how it looks because it won’t be seen on TV anyway.

4 Likes

I think that this is about 7 Queensland Regional News rather than Brisbane. Local Brisbane updates on that night were from Sharyn at the main Seven news room desk. Later updates were out of Sydney.

1 Like