Seven News Content and Appearance

What?

I’m just saying, why are you only asking about Blackbox? I’m sure lots of other media outlets haven’t reported on it either. And my other point was that a whole story on one market’s news ratings is hardly newsworthy this day and age.

Sorry but complete bullshit…

It’s certainly something we’re keeping an eye on. Kevin has tweeted about it but if the trend remains it’s absolutely a story. Especially if seven claim the year

7 Likes

Not sure if it’s been mentioned before but Seven Gold Coast News is now on the HD channel, and it looks to be a HD production as well. Studio picture quality looks better than Nines GC bulletin.

1 Like

social media is another story. esp on twitter. 9 news Melbourne has more followers then 7 news Melbourne

2 Likes

7 GC has been in HD since Oct 2020.

2 Likes

Yet 7 News Melbourne has 1.4million on Facebook - over double 9 News Melbourne.

1 Like

Also looks like the Adelaide studio can now output native HD (the final Seven & metro commercial studio to do so). These caps are only from the online streams (would be better to see actual FTA over the air broadcast), but it can be seen that the graphics and camera shots look better than before.

Also see @marquisite’s post from last week linking to Gertie Spurling’s instagram post that shows footage in proper HD.

Morning:

Afternoon

6pm:

11 Likes

Does the average person still use Twitter?

1 Like

About time. Great to see. That only leaves Seven’s RQLD + Prime/GWN stations.

Also, I should mention how good the set looks with this colour palette. One of my favourites of the Seven News sets.

12 Likes

yes

And here are some Perth caps from today.
Morning:

Afternoon:

6pm:

6 Likes

Really? I barely know anyone using it… seems to be all Instagram and TikTok these days.

nope. Twitter is still used

2 Likes

Even Perth has improved. Don’t get me wrong, its still an absolutely disgusting set but it looks like they can now use some more realistic angles/throws (weather presentation etc).

1 Like

I agree. The new colour palette really has uplifted that set.

I also like how they have managed to work the desk screen to have titles on it.

7 Likes

Yep agreed. I still don’t think the 7 News logo in the centre of the backdrop is necessary, but at least it’s subtle this time. The rest of it looks great.

4 Likes

As luck would have it I did record the first few minutes of tonight’s 6pm bulletin on FTA.

Plus the update during The Chase Australia final chase:

Finally a different studio angle as used in a news story tonight:
(I wasn’t recording when it went to air so the cap is not HD)

EDIT: Looks like the HD output change happened between June 7 and 8.

June 7:

June 8:

9 Likes

Don’t understand why the desk is pink though… when the set had more blue, the desk was purple?

1 Like