Seven News Content and Appearance

The desk looks so much better when it’s all in that darker blue, the lighter blue doesn’t go with the rest of the elements of the set and graphics at all.

8 Likes

Another studio interview in Sydney last night

3 Likes

I’m confused at how anyone can enjoy their updated or previous graphics? Heavy blues and strong reds is so 1990s, Gloss and gradients are so 2007. There’s nothing fresh or modern about them and hasn’t been on 7 news for years.

2 Likes

Correct.
I hate the new graphics. The last package was alright, but there were some questionable elements. This refresh really is just bleh though.

1 Like

You’ve only just noticed? That’s what the consensus has been since the horrid 2011 relaunch.

1 Like

I actually liked the previous 2016-2020 graphics. The present graphics are not to my taste, however.

I’m a kiwi and don’t watch it I just sometimes nip into these threads here and every time there’s a change it doesn’t seem to be an improvement.

4 Likes

Nice sunset shots in Sydney tonight:

19 Likes

Still hate how blurry live shots look compared to photo backgrounds (and yes, well aware I’m in the minority :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Looks fine to me in those caps.

Infact I’d probably say the liveshot is one of the very few things about Seven News Sydney’s current set and On-Air Presentation that works well.

6 Likes

Does anyone else get annoyed by the lack of “Good Evening” or “Tonight” in their introductions. I know Sydney do, “blah, blah, blah, tonight.” It should just start with tonight and good evening.

No.

3 Likes

I thought Seven was capable of spelling Mount Waverley, but apparently they can’t…

6 Likes

Couldn’t fit it in the graphic?

2 Likes

That’d be sad, getting your source from a media company. Rather than the actual place/figure.

3 Likes

Seven Melbourne’s news bulletin yesterday:
2000 Sydney Olympics report - set presentation

and coming from a break - breaking news presentation

7 Likes

I like the less invasive breaking news look, it’s much easier on the eyes than the red overload.

4 Likes

Much easier on the eye but that red is too red. Needs to be a little darker.

3 Likes