Seven News Content and Appearance

Reckon it was just for the budget.

That’s a fair way away, could you drop any hints please?

it’s something lame like head of digital is going

no one will know and no one will care

3 Likes

The “giant number 7” seems a bit insipid compared to the good old days - social distancing at work :wink: .

5 Likes

A couple of changes to the National Social Media page to unpack, the banner image was updated to the 3D embossed ‘7NEWS’ logo seen on the ‘Know the News’ promos a few weeks ago:

And so have the graphics for the posts recently:

The previous for reference:

However there are a couple of inconsistencies, some posts have the website variant of the logo in black instead of red:

And there’s another version with different placement of the translucent box and text, I think looks better personally:

Don’t know why they can’t just stick to a style without tweaking it… :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

The logo looks much better in black, makes it pop.

1 Like

That is true, the more recent posts are using that variant of the logo rather than the all red version. It’s just kinda odd as it goes against how it is displayed on the website and recent promos, for consistency’s sake.

Of course though, that isn’t one of Seven’s strongest points as we are all aware… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

New graphic on-screen during Adelaide’s local afternoon news:

26 Likes

ffs…

I mean it looks good but is that what they are calling their 5pm news now? What’s wrong with afternoon news or 7 News at 5?

Very weird naming. And the font is too thin, especially for “Adelaide”

7 Likes

Graphics look awesome, weird name choice though.

6 Likes

Why call it The Latest when you could call it Seven’s Late News…

Why call anything anything…

4 Likes

“Early Edition” is the type of brand you’d expect to be used for a 5am bulletin rather than a 5pm one though…

13 Likes

That’s what they call the 5am podcast.

3 Likes

It’s earlier than the 6pm edition.

Seven News Melbourne is extending past 7pm tonight, and not because the AFL finished late again (Port Adelaide beat Collingwood by one point with the match ending at 5.45pm). I think it’s a deliberate ploy to keep viewers watching and missing on the premiere of Celebrity Apprentice.

6 Likes

7 Melbourne just did a recap of headlines - when did they bring that back?

Most likely right - stories that could have been featured before sport are airing much later…

The news finished at 7:08pm.

Sydney and Brisbane have been doing it for a while, so has Perth. I can’t remember Melbourne doing this until now.

Mitch’s Melbourne segment tonight:

I think Melbourne only ever did it in the early days of the one hour bulletin and got rid of it