Seven News Content and Appearance

Yep agreed. I still don’t think the 7 News logo in the centre of the backdrop is necessary, but at least it’s subtle this time. The rest of it looks great.

4 Likes

As luck would have it I did record the first few minutes of tonight’s 6pm bulletin on FTA.

Plus the update during The Chase Australia final chase:

Finally a different studio angle as used in a news story tonight:
(I wasn’t recording when it went to air so the cap is not HD)

EDIT: Looks like the HD output change happened between June 7 and 8.

June 7:

June 8:

9 Likes

Don’t understand why the desk is pink though… when the set had more blue, the desk was purple?

1 Like

I was referring to Nicholas’ comment and image about the Adelaide set….

7 Brisbane promo: Thought the opening graphic was some new style but it was was just part of the theme of the promo.

5 Likes

Bloody hell. Now 7News Brisbane has caught on… tonight they used the headline “Energy Crunch Eases” on a super.

1 Like

Well this is the latest “Fighting For Families” promo running today and during Seven News in Brisbane. Of course you have to wait until the end of the bulletin for the story and then it turns out to be of little use. Hard to tell them apart from Nine most nights.

2 Likes

It’s getting really silly.

3 Likes

Just watched it and there were a couple of specific places to get things cheap, as well as the generic really obvious tips.

2 Likes

A complete nothing report - guy generic, buy in bulk and go to a petrol station with the cheapest petrol!

1 Like

Last week Seven Sydney had its lowest rating week of the year; even worse considering its winter and numbers traditionally are higher. It was also Seven Perth’s worst week of the year.

Seven Brisbane opener Friday

Peter Doherty farewelled at the close of bulletin

Video

15 Likes

Some laughs in here:

https://twitter.com/PeterDoherty7/status/1538343670956834817?s=20&t=XPD3mkG1LVsyPp2S1AHtjg

7 Likes

It would have been better if 7 News Brisbane had more of the live set like Sydney or Melbourne. I don’t like the fake purple sky evening shot of Brisbane with the storey bridge.

Perth Morning News:

I’ll put more here later when I post them.

2 Likes

Does anyone else feel the labelling of bulletins as “mornings” and “afternoons” doesn’t sound quite right?

2 Likes

Yes. I’ve always thought it sounds awkward and odd.

Id prefer

“9 News at 4pm”

Or “7 News Perth, at 11” etc

5pm news started a couple of minutes before the hour coming from Adelaide. Elspeth Hussey reading. Good that the bulletin can now be in HD from Adelaide.

12 Likes

Same. It sounded ok the first time I saw it and read it out loud, but now it just doesn’t sound right. Afternoons implies it’s lengthy rolling coverage that lasts the entire arvo.

Sydney is the only market that uses ‘Seven News First at 4’, the rest use ‘Afternoons’ despite the EPG still using ‘at 4’ in all markets. It’s messy.

1 Like

When was the last time we saw Seven Adelaide produce a national bulletin?

1 Like