Seven News Content and Appearance

Australian internal departments have a shit track record

3 Likes

2010 angled look was also external.

IIRC, was in-house.

Nah I think DD8 did it from memory. I remember finding it late night surfing Vimeo :joy:

Yikes! That’s not a good accomplishment for them! Haha

Very unexpected to hear this news out of the blue (pun intended) so soon, as I would have thought any further changes would coincide to the move from Martin Place to Eveleigh towards the end of the year, though interesting if that is the case for tomorrow.

That makes sense, a day prior to the closing of the Summer Olympics last year, this new-look promo aired:

But then during the week, the promo was tweaked to be blue instead, though I can’t appear to find caps of it, and unfortunately didn’t take photos myself. The Perth Newsroom’s decals had also changed to red, but reverted back shortly afterwards.

Since the changes have been pushed back several times for more tweaks, hopefully they had the treatment as Sunrise’s did, though I’m remaining optimistic.

I have a feeling the changes occurring will most likely be what we have seen since earlier last year (promos, socials), as they suit the current Network-wide Presentation, and also contain elements from Sunrise’s current graphics (minus the scrapped logo though):

Interesting that they aren’t using the fully red 7NEWS logo like the usually do for these Network-wide promos… :thinking:

Until then, I think I’ll stay off MediaSpy for tomorrow, and look to see if any changes occur during the 4.00 News.

3 Likes

The studio move will be pretty subtle. They’ll be keen to keep viewers unknown to the fact that they’ve moved from the CBD. New set - yes, new graphics, unlikely.

1 Like

Similar to what nine (TCN) did?

I think he means we shouldn’t expect things like an on-air announcement about the move. Instead we’ll just be greeted with a new set etc.

TCN’s move wasn’t lowkey. They had a dedicated program about its history etc and many of its programs farewelled the studios.
I’d say Nine’s decision to keep the same set was more to do with the fact it was only 4 years old and they spent a tonne of money on it and wanted to keep it (mostly) consistent throughout the country.

7 Likes

Ah so they won’t go on too much about it, it will just be “and welcome to our new set!” and the clique “new-set smell”, “brand-spanking new” etc.?

EDIT: typos correcting the intended meaning

1 Like

That’s what I meant.

This relaunch better be worth it if Brisbane and 7Qld are receiving tweaks now. Wonder if Prime7/GWN will also get a tweaked set?

5 Likes

Sunrise and TMS will be talking about it so it will be hard to hide.

I think it’ll be at least acknowledged but with the “whole network under one roof again” spin applied.

Is Brisbane definitely getting a new set?

Not sure if its a new set but judging by the caps posted here the other day, there might be new LED lighting.

They can improve that ‘set’ immensely by first replacing that ancient projector they use fort the main backdrop.

Still needs a completely new set though.

3 Likes

No wideshot on Morning News today.

2 Likes

Looks like Sydney is getting set changes too.

1 Like

No change on Morning News. Same old graphics still.

They’ve likely just changed the desk print.

2 Likes