Seven News Content and Appearance

Hopefully it’s a rollout to match the white red and black promo style,

6 Likes

I’m sure it will be panned as always :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Weird during non-ratings or to coincide with the election campaign?

2 Likes

Everyone is an expert.
Though I must say that news presentation graphics across 7 have progressively got worse over the years. They are only slowly redeeming themselves after the 2011 newspaper-look disaster.

The current look is the only half decent one they have had since 2010

9 news has only been decent the last 3 packages.

1 Like

Something about 9’s graphics and set looks cheap and tabloid to me. I think the red and blue are too vibrant or something…

1 Like

From what I’ve been told, the relaunch was supposed to roll out after the Winter Olympics but it wasn’t quite ready and needed tweaks. Then it was supposed to launch last Monday - but tech issues behind the scenes pushed it back.

7QLD, Prime7 and GWN also to adopt the new look.

15 Likes

Sneak peek?

Seven likes launching things to coincide with elections.

Hopefully this means there will be a new election night look as well.

9 Likes

Mods, hoist the :rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light:

6 Likes

I’m fairly certain that end-card on the socials has been in use for a little while now.

3 Likes

Going back to the CNN colour scheme that they used in the 2000s?

Here’s hoping! And I hope that Breaking news is either orange or yellow.

3 Likes

I wondered why Bunnings was fresh out of blue paint today. Whenever Seven decides to freshen up their look you can guarantee they’ll stick with the blue and red colour palette. Yawn.

Look above. Black, white and red. No blue.

I just hope they don’t introduce the triangles in the corner on everything. I wasn’t overly enthused with them being part of the new Sunrise package. But we seem to see them on everything now, promos, social media, sunrise, billboards, news produced programs.

I find them clunky.

3 Likes

Updates had different framing in Melbourne tonight.

9 Likes

We’ll get onto it after we’ve made an emergency dash to the supermarket for cleaning products in preparation. Anyone know what time Woolies closes on a Sunday night? :broom: :bucket: :soap:

6 Likes

Considering how past Seven News re-launches/graphic changes have occurred (not to mention gone down here), am really putting the brakes on getting excited until we get a look at them.

3 Likes

It’ll be a shame to see the blue go completely, the best era of 7News graphics was 2004-10 (and the brief diagonal 2010-11 look) where they used just the right amount of blue.

We’ve never had a graphics package from Seven since that’s looked THAT good.

11 Likes

Pay good money, get results. AFAIK this was the last time 7 went external for design.

2 Likes