Seven News Content and Appearance

Looks like Sydney have also adopted the 7NEWS microphones (with the new logo) as has been seen in Melbourne recently.

Can we see the difference photo please

Tonight’s Gold Coast bulletin;

Presented by Rod Young and Amanda Abate

5 Likes

Brisbane Afternoon News highlights from today. Kendall is such a polished presenter.

8 Likes

Agree, Kendall is impressive and works well in the 4pm slot. Though, I don’t think she has the authority yet to become a future 6pm newsreader IMO (although I hope I’m proven wrong).

5 Likes

Well you saw Rosanna Mangiarelli go from reporting, to presenting TT, and then both TT and 4PM news, and then 6PM news on weekends. I’d say Kendall has a lot of future potential, possibly when Sharon retires, she may take the 6PM desk?

2 Likes

Proof the 5:30 news really starts at 5:29 - as 6:00pm news often starts just before the hour as well.

8 Likes

About ten years ago (not quite 100% sure if this is still the case), Nine News Sydney timed their bulletins to begin 20 seconds before 6pm. I’d imagine that Seven would’ve been similar.

One would imagine that part of the reason why Nine started a third of a minute early is so viewers flicking over from Ten (who I think in more recent years before the 90 minute extension, timed their bulletin to end just after 6pm anyway) miss out on the Opener/Headlines and possibly part of the first story.

She looks shocked! :flushed:

1 Like

AFL Grand Final announcement coverage:

9 Likes

Bulletins start at 5:59:30 nationally on Nine - has been like that for years.

5 Likes

In the EPG for Brisbane bulletins for both Seven and Nine start at 5:59:30 pm

The biggest ‘flaw’ I always see is if someone (for whatever strange reasons) sets their PVR to record the news based on an assumed start time of 6:00 pm, which would be reasonable, they will miss the opener :scream:

3 Likes

It’s always advertised as 7/9 NEWS at Six. Which isn’t wrong, though they will miss the headlines, opener and most likely the introduction.

3 Likes
5 Likes

We saw it in Bathurst last night.

2 Likes

Sydney caps last night with on set interview with Gemma:

4 Likes

Meteor seen in the background live shot during last night’s Sydney news

3 Likes

Fergo called in this morning - labelled “live and exclusive” by Nat:

https://twitter.com/sunriseon7/status/1301311740148244480

2 Likes

Wow, he actually sounds human in this!

3 Likes

That set is 1000 times better than Perth. I wouldn’t be disappointed if Seven moved Perth’s news to be read from Sydney if it meant getting a decent set.

1 Like