Seven News Content and Appearance

All news networks scramble for an exclusive interview after a tragedy. You can’t act like this is new or egregious.

Now even NBN is slapping Fergo around lol

1 Like

Sam has spoken at length about this on a podcast and also to the Herald Sun. This is not the first time we have heard from him.

7NEWS Special: Gold Coast Uncovered

Saturday 26 June at 7:30pm - Queensland.

For the first time in history, see what the Gold Coast looked in the 1960s and 1970s in high definition.

Tim Watson returned to presenting sport in the studio this Sunday, after spending the last few Sunday nights at the NEP Studios. This might be because there was no Sunday Footy Fest today.

Also worth mentioning is that sport was presented as standing presentation.

3 Likes

A report on tonight’s 7News Spotlight was the 5th story tonight on Seven “News” Queensland.

Don’t mean to nitpick but…they used the previous 7NEWS logo :man_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

TBH I prefer the previous logo over this one, which just looks cheap.

It’s probably more to do with the studio being used for the West Coast v Richmond game tonight

1 Like

or becasue there was no Channel 7 produced afternoon game and there was no need for him to be there

1 Like

Seven News Brisbane have been running a promo for a weight loss device- tune in tonight at 6pm to find out the details.

Unfortunately, spoiled by Sunrise running the full story this morning.

1 Like

The story was on Seven News Sydney last night. Brisbane must have delayed it.

1 Like

Seven Brisbane currently ahead of Nie in this week’s ratings. I’d like to think it is due to Nine’s questionable editorial decisions to not lead bulletins this week with the State and then BCC budgets but its possibly despite that :wink:

Anyway this is Seven’s promo in attempt to win Friday night’s ratings - last minute holidays plus cheap Ekka tickets.

4 Likes

Sharyn and Max both filing special reports in tonight’s bulletin. Is this a move to promote them more to the weekend audience?

2 Likes

Max Futcher’s special report aired in Melbourne this evening before the weather.

The Melbourne bulletin is going overtime again this evening ahead of Seven News Spotlight. It finished at 7.05pm.

2 Likes

Mark Ferguson also presented a special report in tonight’s 6pm news. Sounds like a network wide initiative

1 Like

Some long form reports again tonight in Brisbane; they seem to me to slow the bulletin delivery down; interested to see how viewers respond.

6 Likes

Did they just replay the same Max Futcher interview that aired last night? In saying that, I don’t mind these longer reports if it means fewer ‘getting bang for your buck’ consumer stories.

1 Like

This is genuinely unnecessary…

10 Likes

Gold Coast Uncovered Sat 26 June and Sat 3 July at 7pm - Queensland.

The 2-part series coincides with the 5th anniversary of the launch of 7 News Gold Coast launch 4 July 2016.

2 Likes