Seven News Content and Appearance

5 Likes

Seems to be depending on footy, if there’s a gap between footy and news they’ll do local news for an hour or half an hour.

3 Likes

A “super moon” backdrop tonight:

13 Likes

New ending to “The Latest” headlines. “Know the news now” in red, rather than “connect direct”. Different sound as well.

What a crap slogan. What does that even mean?

1 Like

Yep, just had made a post on the 7NEWS.com.au discussion a moment ago:

3 Likes

Didn’t one of the other networks use that exact slogan (or at least something very similar) several years back?

Either way it’s slightly better than the previous “Connect Direct” slogan but still not very good IMO.

Seven Morning News Adelaide looks different:

3 Likes

Probably being filmed in front of the weather green screen with the old Melbourne desk.

I actually think it might be presented in front of a TV, since the greenscreen never looks good.

New set incoming?

The current Seven News Adelaide set has been in use since 2014? So it’d probably be almost time for a new one.

If that’s the case, then I also hope the bulletin might finally go HD since Adelaide is the last metro market where a local edition of Seven News is still only produced/airing in SD.

1 Like

Responding to the pressure from Nine News’s recent ratings results?

I doubt they will be getting a new set… not after what I’ve seen. It’d be a very quick turnaround…

On the topic of Adelaide, they need to do some work on their product. I watched the bulletin on 7Plus and was about to fall asleep at how slow and boring it is.

Regardless of opinions on each of 7’s other respective state bulletins they all have a good pace - Adelaide does not. So perhaps some visual refreshes and modifications is what they need at this point.

I think Nine produces the better product in Adelaide and probably deserve to win. So its not a surprise to see them creeping up.

2 Likes

Adelaide doesn’t really need a complete new set, a new riser and desk would be enough I think.

That and some technical upgrades to HD and a review of content pacing as other members have mentioned.

8 Likes

With that visible softness/airbrushed look around the hair which only a computer could do, I think we should get the sirens ready…

3 Likes

Old Today Tonight Adelaide Backdrop (behind TVs)

12 Likes

:rotating_light: :rotating_light: New Set Alert!!! :rotating_light: :rotating_light:

:rotating_light: :rotating_light: High Definition Alert!!! :rotating_light: :rotating_light:

Maybe…

4 Likes