Seven News Content and Appearance

Off-topic but I thought media personalities were exempt from wearing masks on camera?

1 Like

According to the WA State Government, all people are required to wear a facemask when being outside at all times.

2 Likes

In Victoria and other states yes. I’m not sure if it’s been clarified in Perth.

3 Likes

Is it just the reflection or has that mic flag seen better days?

2 Likes

The reflection is making it worse than it is but it has seen better days.

2 Likes

Seven - have this kind of dedication to the east and then more might tune in. No wonder Perth stands up for Seven.
But as it stands, Sydneysiders and Melbournians won’t be switching ship anytime soon!

3 Likes

Starting tonight, Seven News Sydney will have a finance report with Gemma Acton on their 6pm bulletin, according to her Instagram story.

6 Likes

How long do we think it’ll be until Nine starts to do something similar with Chris Kohler? Personally I reckon they’ll respond within a week or two.

4 Likes

Chris does finance on the end of some bulletins but it’s not in-depth. Only lasting 30 seconds.

4 Likes

7 Brisbane just showed the promo for their 6pm news… at 8.20!!

4 Likes

Also seen in Perth

2 Likes

It provides a good summary of finance for the day I do hope they show the report network wide. Gemma is a good presenter. But sometimes she comes across a bit unnatural like she is reading the autocue like during the Sydney report tonight.

2 Likes

News in Adelaide got Gemma’s finance report

3 Likes

I just had a look on 7plus and so did Melbourne too, so looks like all markets will be receiving Gemma’s finance report.

3 Likes

It’s an interesting change for sure, different from the traditional short finance segment

2 Likes

Copying 10 News First? They’ve had a finance report since the 6pm bulletin launched I believe.

1 Like

4 Likes

…who probably copied the ABC/SBS with their main evening bulletins having had lengthy Finance segments with dedicated presenters for years?

1 Like

I don’t know why everyone is making a big fuss. Nine have been doing it with Chris Kohler for months (pre recorded) and it took that look for Seven to bring a reporter in to do finance reports.

3 Likes

I’m aware that Nine has regularly used Chris Kohler for finance-based reports for about a year or so, but don’t know if they’ve yet all the way by having him do a nightly wrap for all 6pm bulletins around the country.

Whenever I’ve tuned into Nine News Sydney recently, I’m pretty sure Finance has remained the same quick 15-20 second RVO (just looking at the ASX 200 + Australian Dollar) before Petrol Prices that it’s been for several years now.

3 Likes