Seven News Content and Appearance

I know this poll is somewhat pointless but now @Abesty put them out there…

• New Titlecards
  • Old Titlecards

0 voters

1 Like

I’ve voted old, only because I hate the red box they have included and the removal of the gold “Seven News” font/text. Added a bit of class.

3 Likes

Is there an option for neither? Cause I would choose that one.

1 Like

Completely random, but I happened to come across this which might be of interest.

The “new” OTS that Adelaide uses for the main bulletin is actually the same OTS they first introduced for sport last year.

2 Likes

Ah yes, you’re right!

1 Like

Promo targetting especially the Gold Coast market to counter Nine’s GC weather promo that says “will never give up on Gold Coast viewers”.

Seven’s message “While others pretend, Tony is the real deal. Giving you a more accurate forecast.”

5 Likes

Using the older 7News logo?

On the afternoon news:

2 Likes

Not a fan it’s an ugly angle still, it mimics the horrendous opening title shot. I’d rather they go back to the “down the Yarra” or Hamer hall shot

1 Like

Sydney sport on location tonight:

4 Likes

Must be the first time out on location for sport since the pandemic began?

A promo for the Gold Coast, but only Max & Sharyn at the end?

3 Likes

According to the Courier Mail - Seven News Queensland will broadcast live from the Brisbane Showgrounds on Thursday night. It will provide a lead-in to the airing of a special fireworks display, in lieu of the Ekka not taking place this year.

It doesn’t mention if the fireworks display will be in the back end of the news bulletin, or if it will take it’s own separate program after the bulletin - as TV guides still list Home and Away. But one imagines if was within the bulletin, it will cause issues with the cut-down 6.30pm regional version.

8 Likes

I saw an updated schedule earlier and it’s being shown across Qld regional as well.

4 Likes

Interest rates today:

6 Likes

“FLASH”

1 Like

Was a News Flash necessary? Couldn’t they have just flashed a message up on screen like 10 did? In fact, even that was more than they needed to do. No change is no news. It can wait until a news break or that night’s news bulletin. What is this preoccupation with interest rates in Australia anyway?

They NEED the bulletin identifier on the same line as the “NEWS” part of the logo like the old title cards.

“NEWS
FLASH”

Really?

2 Likes
3 Likes

As far as I’m aware, the shortened Brisbane bulletin consists of a cut-down A-block from 6:00, then the last two lblocks of the program, live.

1 Like