Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

How will all these programs fit in Seven’s primetime schedule this month as they are promising? Sunday is Little Big Shots & Sunday Night, Monday Highway Patrol, Tuesday First Dates & 800 Words, Thursday Home & Away triple episodes to make up for all the single episodes only shown on Thursdays earlier in the year, Friday Better Homes & Gardens & movie and Saturday movie so there really is no room for all these shows!!!

I am sure they will find a way. Little Big Shots must be coming to an end. Highway patrol will probably be rested. First Dates will probably have the same. Mondays will be Secret Daughter. Liar will slot in an 8:30 slot. The Wall will slot into a 7:30 slot as will INstant Hotel.

Little Big Shots still has several Sundays still to go according to advanced TV guides and they also have First Dates listed for most upcoming Tuesdays too.

There is currently nothing on Wednesday and Thursday at 7.30 in Seven’s schedule and their new Monday show just missed the top 20. There is also Highway Patrol surely only temporarily at 8.30 on Monday and TBA on Thursday at 8.30. Criminal Minds on Wednesday with double eps will finish this month on the 18th as well that’s another 2 hours to fill.

1 Like

I was expected that biopics Olivia, Warnie and reality show Back with the ex will air on seven this year but what’s happened to these three shows?

I thought there are H&A triples scheduled for all upcoming Thursdays, i.e. running until 8:30 to make up for not having doubles on Thursdays over the last several months. They still have to meet their episode quota of 230 per year right?

Warnie was axed during pre-production and will not go ahead.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/television/channel-7-axes-plans-for-controversial-telemovie-about-shane-warne/news-story/6596113638f3e9d7e333c1da997f1440

Olivia: Hopelessly Devoted to You has been listed as one of the shows to screen before the end of the year but it might kick off 2018.

Back with the Ex is also listed as still to come in 2017.

1 Like

I heard from Darren McMullen saying that Behave Yourself is not finished yet and will roll out newer episodes later this year when there is no competition against Channel 9 and 10.

1 Like

That’s what all the TV execs say. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah, In the Summer non-ratings period when it doesn’t count. :laughing:

1 Like

Schedule Update:

Monday 9 October
07:30 PM Highway Patrol x 2
08:30 PM Manhunt: The Polish Thief
(programs switch timeslots)

Tuesday 10 October
09:40 PM Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares USA
Replaced by
09:40 PM Neighbourhood Nightmares: Garden Nightmares - Part 1 Season Premiere
Bizarre infestations, audacious thefts - watch as an whole lawn is stolen in daytime and a midnight intruder enters via the cat flap, reveal how the green, green grass of home isn’t always as it seems

Wednesday 11 October
07:30 PM Border Security - Australia’s Front Line
08:00 PM The Force - Behind The Line

Thursday 12 October
08:30 PM Movie: The Intern (2015)

Friday 13 October
08:30 PM Thor (2015)

Saturday 14 October
07:00 PM Movie: Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade (1989)
09:30 PM Movie: Clash Of The Titans

2 Likes

Netflix is airing weekly episodes of The Blacklist Season 5 I see, isn’t this a Ch 7 show that 7 aired exclusively first ? Netflix is working to get rights off Ch 7 more aggressively?

Or Seven didn’t want the show anymore ? Just curious …

It is the same as last year. Seven started showing season 5 of The Blacklist on Monday and then Netflix puts it on their system less than 24 hours later.

Re: Raiders Of The Lost Ark

Yes, it’s been done to death, but I haven’t seen it for a while so I recorded it. Was looking forward to it but now I find out it was edited. ??? I can’t believe in 2017 that networks are still showing sanitized, “modified for TV” movies. :roll_eyes: Not sure if I’ll bother now.

2 Likes

The five houses on this season of The Block have been listed for auction on Saturday October 28, which indicates the finale will be shown the following night. It coincides with the opening weekend of the Rugby League World Cup. Is Seven willing to wait until then to unleash the new line-up? It and Nine and Ten will then have 5 weeks until the end of official ratings (Saturday December 2) to get many viewers as they can.

2 Likes

I had done calculations based on last season’s The Block and shouldn’t it be ending the Sunday before. Don’t tell me Nine are f****n well going to find a way to drag this shit out even longer than normal!! What could they possibly do to make it go for another extra week? God it just makes me so angry; they are taking people away from other channels so they are too scared to show their programs.

They’re entitled to do whatever they want.

6 Likes

How dare they be competitive? Seven would never drag out MKR as a spoiler for other shows, would they? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

That’s their exact intention. And while this season will be one week longer than 2016, there were still 3 weeks between the reveal of the terrace and the auction, with two weeks of the challenge apartment, which will be the same as this year.

Edit: one week garages, one week challenge, so not even that crazy.

2 Likes

I would say they are giving viewers what they want considering the block is currently the number 1 show on tv at the moment.

3 Likes

Premieres Monday October 16 at 7.30pm and concludes the next night, according to Herald Sun. It will include the only interview with Rosanna Crash, Michael’s girlfriend for three years before she was dumped for Kylie Minogue.

2 Likes