Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

At Least I get Three New Eps of The Goldbergs Weekly Post Christmas.

But don’t you want to see You Tube videos in HD? :joy:

1 Like

What a shame. I was sooo looking forward to watching this, too! Unfortunately I have a date with Chevy Chase instead. Oh well. :relieved:

Is this a mistake by Ch 7?

They’re airing the EXACT same ep of “Raysays Kitchen Nightmares” as a few weeks ago!? The “La Parra” restaurant in Spain.

Um…

Does anyone know if Walt Disney Studios (Walt Disney Pictures & Touchstone Pictures) movies will be appearing on rival networks?

Following the recent re-negotiations.

NB/
Like what they’ve done with Sony (Columbia Pictures et. al.) & NBCUniversal (Universal Pictures et. al.), one would imagine Seven will hand-pick numerous titles to keep of Disney anyway?

It’d be hard to imagine seeing a Disney title appear on Nine or Ten, after all these years :open_mouth:

A few Disney / Touchstone movies have aired on Nine in recent years, including Ransom (which was shown last Friday after the ODI at the MCG), Mighty Joe Young and Dead Poets Society. I was very surprised when I first saw the titles in Nine’s schedule.

1 Like

Why? Nine had the contract with Disney originally and ran The Wonderful World of Disney for decades.

2 Likes

That didn’t happen in the last thirteen years tho JBra

1 Like

TCN9 did in Sydney for many years before 1988 when it moved to ATN7. Disney was always on Seven in Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide (on ADS7 pre-channel swap, SAS7 afterwards). And let’s not forget that a ratings-desperate Ten had Disney for a few years in the mid to late 1990s when it was its flagship animation show.

1 Like

It’s interesting, because with recent negotiations…

Nine & Ten don’t have huge catalogues anymore :confused:

Seven now has Disney, Columbia, Warner Bros and Universal (which is massive) & many individual titles that aren’t distributed by a studio with one of the networks (i.e.) SBS showed two Dimension Films titles last night.

However the Paramount & MGM libraries are very old, so Nine still have heaps of titles there, especially for the much older skewing 9GEM channel.

Whilst Ten have been able to grab the Regency & Lionsgate collections, 20th Century Fox, which has been exclusive to them for a long time (i.e.) The Simpsons, many titles have now been appearing on Nine. They’ve also lost the Paramount deal. They do have many movies from Universal & Columbia though, after they got them back.

But networks that have less catalogues of films, tend to struggle more because they’ve either aired them too frequently or they become weaker films.

Unexpected double airing of TBA!

7 Likes

TBA LIVE

Have you ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes of free-to-air television? TBA LIVE takes you inside Seven’s national broadcast centre as programmers make the last minute scramble to find content to put to air.

This week, Tracy desperately trawls through the ever-diminishing library for a Christmas film while Darren is under the pump to come up with a creative new Makes You LOL special. Will they make the 8:36pm deadline? Or will Broadcast Manager Mark be forced to hit THE BIG BANG BUTTON?

Find out after Sunday Night, on 7.

9 Likes

How did Ten get Fat Pizza vs Housos then ?

###Week commencing 25 December 2016

Sunday 25 December
07:00 PM Christmas Makes You Laugh Out Loud Rpt
08:00 PM The Big Bang Theory
08:30 PM Mrs. Brown’s Boys Mammy’s Christmas Punch / Mammy’s Widow Memories
10:00 PM Movie: Groundhog Day

Monday 26 December
07:30 PM The Big Bang Theory x 2
08:30 PM Movie: Jaws
11:00 PM Car Crash TV

Tuesday 27 December
07:30 PM First Dates UK S3 Ep7
08:40 PM Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares: The Curry Lounge Rpt
09:40 PM Ramsay’s Hotel Hell: Meson De Mesilla Rpt
10:40 PM Chicago Fire S4 Ep17
11:35 PM The Goldbergs S3 Ep17

Wednesday 28 December
07:30 PM Highway Patrol
08:00 PM Air Rescue
08:30 PM Gold Coast Medical S1 Ep7
09:30 PM Criminal Minds x 2
11:30 PM Car Crash TV

Thursday 29 December
07:30 PM The Big Bang Theory x 2
08:30 PM Movie: 21
11:35 PM The Goldbergs x 2S3 Ep18/19

Friday 30 December
07:00 PM Better Homes and Gardens Summer
08:30 PM Friday Night Movie: Déjà vu
11:00 PM Air Crash Investigations

Saturday 31 December
07:00 Saturday Night Movie: Muppets Most Wanted
09:00 Movie: War Horse

What is Car Crash TV , sounds bad ?

Why does Seven insist on one hour news on Christmas Day? There is not much happening around.

Are you talking about the program or the entire line-up? :grinning:

8 Likes

Three New Eps of The Goldbergs on the Final Week for 2016, Seven are about to Finish Season Three off before the Tennis starts.

Just another YouTube video compilation show, but with car accidents filmed on dashcam instead of animals making you ‘LOL’.

…Yes, I’ve seen it.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest it’s footage of cars crashing.

3 Likes