Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

Sky News has bulletins at 11pm and 12am (although they’re also live into Perth and WA). Someone’s watching.

1 Like

The one night The Latest is on somewhat earlier but look at the 3 hours of crap on before it.

3 Likes

If 7 had a news channel, The Latest could be live at say 9/9.30, then replayed at 11/11.30 on the main channel.

1 Like

The ten people who would want to watch it would be grateful. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yes we would :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Can’t help but feel Seven might potentially be making a mistake launching MKR tonight rather than use the last two nights of the Commonwealth Games to ‘spoil’ the launches of both The Block and The Masked Singer before beginning MKR on Tuesday night.

I get the logic behind what the network is doing in that they feel they can’t give their rival shows a head start over MKR. However, the Comm Games (when it hasn’t been up against the AFL & NRL) has been pulling between 600,000 and early 700,000 a night. If I was a scheduler seeing those figures over the last week, I would rather capitalise on Australia’s success during these Comm Games (especially considering tonight is the biggest night medals-wise) for as long as possible rather than take a risk on the MKR return.

5 Likes

Let’s hope there is no repeat of what happened when MKR resumed following the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games over four years ago. If I remember correctly, Seven skipped parts of the Closing Ceremony and the CC itself was given some scathing criticism by Johanna Griggs and Basil Zempilas.

The Closing Ceremony was widely panned by everyone so they were actually spot on with their opinions. They were hired as commentators, not publicists for the Commonwealth Games, so their comments were fair enough.

3 Likes

How long until 7 schedule their ‘Olivia’ movie and ‘Grease’?

Scheduling at least one of them tonight would not only be a great tribute, but also rate well. 10 scheduled Mrs Doubtfire the night of Robin Williams death, iirc.

8 Likes

Tonight would be great after MKR.

1 Like

Olivia Movie is now Airing Tonight & Tomorrow

via tvtonight
Seven has made a late change to its Tuesday programming following the death of legendary Australian performer, Olivia Newton-John.

Part 1 of 2018’s Olivia Newton-John: Hopelessly Devoted to You will screen tonight at 9:10pm, replacing Harry Palmer: The Ipcress File.

Delta Goodrem stars as a young Olivia performing on Australian television and reluctantly blossoming into a global superstar. The cast also features Kate Jenkinson, Georgia Flood, Robyn Malcolm, Todd Lasance and George Xanthis.

Part 2 will screen tomorrow night following MKR.

Both Harry Palmer: The Ipcress File and Martin Clunes: Islands of the Pacific will now screen next Tuesday and Wednesday, respectively.

5 Likes

Wow, they didn’t waste any time doing that.

4 Likes

Nine will show Grease tonight (see Nine Network programs thread).

4 Likes

Update

Tuesday 9 August
09:10 PM Olivia Newton John: Hopelessly Devoted to You Part 1 Rpt
11:20 PM Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games Closing Ceremony Rpt

Wednesday 10 August
09:00 PM Olivia Newton John: Hopelessly Devoted to You Part 2 Rpt
11:10 PM Chicago Fire Season 10 Premiere

5 Likes

What a mess. The closing ceremony and Olivia are high interest programming and flop MKR is dominating prime time schedule.

1 Like

And it is still not updated on the TV Guides on Fetch

The Commonwealth Games were shown live and repeated in the afternoon. Plus will be repeated again after the Olivia mini series.

Wasn’t the coverage in the news programs enough? What did you want to watch?

2 Likes

Scheduling of Sunrise on the main channel this morning, and no scheduling of The Latest this week, has worked out well for coverage of ONJ’s passing this morning, and the mini series tonight and tomorrow.

When I set my timer on my PVR to record tonight’s shows just before 7pm, Olivia: Hopelessly Devoted to You didn’t appear on the EPG, so I guess the change was made sometime after that.

For the record, I am taping MKR, Hopelessly Devoted to You (even though I saw its debut on Seven), the season finale of Who Do You Think You Are? and the premiere of Great Southern Landscapes.

3 Likes

7 now advertising MKR as Sun-Wed. Trying to move through the eps more quickly?

1 Like