Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

The advanced schedule was published before the AFL announced last night it had moved West Coast v Richmond from Thursday to Sunday 13 June (7.20pm AEST start). There will be amendments for Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Apparently some states haven’t seen all episodes of 10 Years Younger in 10 Days UK. Next week could be the great opportunity to air those episodes so all states will be in sync.

I reckon they should just shunt it to 12am so no one will be subjected to cheap crap like this :grin:

4 Likes

West Coast v Richmond will be on in this timeslot (likely to be main channel in Melbourne and Adelaide). The game starts at 7.20pm AEST.

I take it Seven would’ve approved it first, there’s no way (certainly years ago) the AFL would ever have scheduled a Melbourne game on FTA on a Sunday night. Maybe it was Seven who requested it, after previously doing well (‘festival of footy’ during lockdown resumption last year and previously an Anzac Eve game).

Programming mightn’t have been informed.

No, the AFL requested the fixture change so Richmond players would be able to spend the bye week with their families.

2 Likes

Seven shouldn’t be forced to air it though, AFL is not a traditional Sunday night fixture and this is fairly late notice too. Couldn’t they swap production of an earlier game with Fox Footy? Although I’m sure this will rate big in Victoria and Western Australia.

West Coast had to agree to having the game change to next week

1 Like

It’ll rate better than Spotlight. If there was anything decent in the schedule it would be on 7mate.

2 Likes

Why would they give up a game a) They would have aired a few days later anyway and b) That will probably give them a good start to the ratings week?

1 Like

Airing a Sunday night game on free-to-air will be a mistake. Mark my words. Viewers will flock to Celebrity Apprentice and MasterChef.

Noted.

We’ll see. Viewers will watch what they want, not flock to another show just because the AFL is on.

3 Likes

Kind of answering your own question there.

5 Likes

I was just trying to point out that Sunday night in TV is very very different to Friday and Saturday. I’m sure Seven will program the markets accordingly to achieve maximum share, but if Spotlight or CiA or something else does air it’ll obviously be missing in at least a couple of markets and then they also have to find a timeslot for those those markets that missed out.

The AFL will only rate well in Melbourne, Perth and maybe Adelaide.

Sydney and Brisbane viewers will be watching Nine and Ten on Sunday night if Seven end up putting on filler such as Border Security, or a repeat movie for those two markets.

1 Like

Sydney viewers will be watching Nine on Sunday night anyway…

4 Likes

Seven Melbourne tonight was promoting Spotlight for next week - of course it could be on 7Mate on Sunday or moved to another night.

1 Like

I wonder if they’d put the AFL on 7mate in Melbourne, as Perth are already used to that? And considering the consensus these days of ‘main channels vs multi channels are no difference’. When it was on 7mate for Anzac Eve one year when MKR was on, it did nearly 300k in Melbourne and have no doubt it’d go even higher with the team match-up and build-up (and potential for Melbourne to still be in lockdown - but hopefully not).

This would give Spotlight (for example) a five city play-out and 7mate would do a +10% share (as it’s done on those aforementioned occasions).

Update:

Sunday 13 June
Melbourne
07:00 PM AFL Rnd 13: West Coast v Richmond
09:55 PM 7NEWS Spotlight: Saving Candice
11:10 PM Criminal Confessions S03 E10
12:10 AM The Blacklist S08 E07

Adelaide
06:50 PM AFL Rnd 13: West Coast v Richmond
09:25 PM 7NEWS Spotlight: Saving Candice
10:40 PM Criminal Confessions S03 E10
11:40 PM The Blacklist S08 E07

Wednesday 16 June
07:30 PM Big Brother S02 E26
09:00 PM Movie: Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
11:05 PM The Latest: Seven News
11:35 PM Autopsy USA

Thursday 17 June
07:00 PM Home And Away
07:30 PM Home And Away
08:00 PM Home And Away

Sydney, Brisbane
08:30 PM 10 Years Younger In 10 Days S02 E05
09:30 PM How To Look Good Naked S05 E06 Season 5 Final
10:30 PM The Latest: Seven News
11:00 PM The Front Bar

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
08:30 PM The Front Bar
09:30 PM The Latest: Seven News
10:00 PM 10 Years Younger In 10 Days S02 E05
11:00 PM How To Look Good Naked S05 E06 Season 5 Final

2 Likes

Sunday 12 June-

5 Likes

I imagine the promoted ‘double feature’ on the main channel (there’s also one running on 7mate on the same night) on Sunday is now out of schedule entirely in Melbourne and Adelaide, wonder if it’ll continue as normal (like Spotlight) in other markets. It was Taken 2 and 3 this week.