Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

09:00 PM 10 Years Younger In 10 Days Series Premiere
09:30 PM 9-1-1: Lone Star Series Premiere(Perth only)
Reason either aren’t a national showing

1 Like

Perth are getting the same as the rest of the country, just forgot to change it.

There are rumors going around AFL circles that this game could be moved to the Sunday or Monday night to allow Essendon players who have been quaratined for 14 days to play. If this happens one of the scheduled Saturday games will likely be switched to the Friday night slot.

1 Like

Can’t see it eventuating though, as Seven obviously have rights to produce the game (and considering these teams play Anzac Day which didn’t occur this year and both playing contested football this season anticipation will be massive and they’d want to keep it) and there’s BB on Sundays and Mondays (and Tuesdays).

Unless, Seven’s arm can be twisted (and a Sunday prime time with Essendon vs Collingwood would be huge in Melbourne alone) to shift BB to Monday - Wednesday that week?

Had a little think today about what could be taking the 2pm timeslot from next week. Here’s what I have come up:

• Reruns of classic Aussie dramas such as All Saints, Blue Heelers, Winners and Losers, Always Greener or Packed to the Rafters. The major problem with this idea is classification during the school holidays, as Blue Heelers or All Saints would not have a lot of PG rated episodes, and it might mess up the story too much if they are cut severely.
  • Reruns of classic episodes of Home and Away, say from 2000 onwards, with two episodes a day. Classification will not be an issue. However the early years reruns disappeared on 7Two 3 years ago due to apparently reaching the "batch of episodes where all the available “runs” under existing agreements have been used – so we can’t play them.” (Quote from Angus Ross to Back to the Bay).
  • Reruns of episodes programs such as The Amazing Race US or Air Crash Investigations.
  • Live With Kelly and Ryan. This could work, as Ryan is known in Australia, from appearing on radio I believe, the New York New Year’s Eve celebrations and as host of American Idol.
  • The 4th hour of NBC Today with Hoda & Jenna. Seven already have the rights to NBC Today, so it will not incur a cent to them.
  • The Kelly Clarkson Show. Kelly is already known in Australia thanks to her music. However this is distributed by NBCUniversal, which Nine have the first rights to.

Interested to hear thoughts on my ideas.

3 Likes

Won’t happen, as Ten now have the rights.

3 Likes

None of those.

1 Like

To the TAR US version?

To any format. Did Ten purchase the entire catalog of seasons, or just the ones from 2017-18 onwards?

When did 10 get the rights to air the Us series of The Amazing Race?

Yeah I’m confused, I thought 7 still had the rights to air the US version? 10 only have the rights to air the local version, via the production company Eureka.

According to TV Blackbox, double episodes of The Chase to screen between 2pm and 4pm next Monday, replacing The Daily Edition.

https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2020/06/23/tom-williams-returns-for-final-episodes-of-the-daily-edition-after-ryan-phelan-axed/?feed_id=6129

3 Likes

I know they’re cost cutting, but is that really the best effort they could’ve done. Maybe it’s just for the time being while they further plan?

5 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Daily Edition

I think a double chase at 2pm could well work for seven !

1 Like

Of course you would think that.

This would allow UK game show fans in Australia to watch both The Chase and Tipping Point at 2 and 3 on Seven and Nine respectively, by switching over to Nine after the final chase in the first episode on the former show.

Over the past seven months the two ITV game shows have been going head to head at 3:00pm.

So would a testcard from your POV.

5 Likes

Worth noting that The Tipping Point regularly outrates The Chase UK (but not always).

2 Likes

Tipping Points audience must have been building from its low start?