Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

But First Dates rates better than Modern Family so why not put it on earlier both nights followed by MF, then The Latest.
Why waste an episode at 10.10 when they could put it on at 9 both nights?
As many have said, The Latest hasn’t had a chance to really build a following because it’s all over the place in the schedule.

1 Like

First Dates (Australia and UK versions) also have re-runs on 7flix on Monday in prime time, which have been rating well for many weeks now.

It does feel like this franchise is having a bit of overkill at the moment, especially on top of Married.

The second episode is a repeat.

It’s been given plenty of chances. Viewers who are watching First Dates first run episodes are much more likely to watch another First Date episode as a lead out. And First Dates runs for an hour so they stay on Seven past 11pm . What happens if The Latest were to finish at 10.30 - Seven would lose viewers earlier.

1 Like

Somewhat true.
While First Dates rates better and runs late, Modern Family has woeful ratings and is on at 9-10.30… a repeat of FD would surely rate better at 9 than that?
Dunno… just trying to propose improvements. Currently 7 aren’t performing well so I think they need to look at their schedule again and consider all possibilities.
Double eps of anything are a major turn off for many people.

Does it actually?

Last I saw it was in the 200k range. I think that’s woeful for 9pm.

1 Like

It ended the week as seven’s #1 most watched show in 25-54, which is the demo that seven sells and makes the most money.

No idea about production costs. But it is sevens number show right now.

That is: right now

Let’s see week 2

@SydneyCityTV

1 Like

Fair point about last week. It’s not the first (and probably won’t be the last) time a ratings prediction of mine was way off the mark.

Having said that, it’s still too early to be calling Pooch Perfect a “hit” - let’s wait and see how this week’s episode goes…

@SydneyCityTV totally. But EveN ln if it falls off 20% it will still be sevens best performer outside of news

Which is saying something

But that’s total people isn’t it? In its timeslot, do you know how rival shows rated?

Key demos is where such as show as this (as has been mentioned) does well and that’s what advertisers would be interested in.

1 Like

What’s the 25-54 audience for modern?

@Sully

It’s lead in was pooch which was 7s #1 demo show for the week.

About 40% of pooches overall audience was in the 25-54 demo. Which is about the same as married. Both shows skew young

If modern skews the same - with 200k, you’d be looking at 80k in the demo

By comparison googlebox does 350k in the demo against it - more than 4 times more

I don’t know and we wouldn’t be able to say it on MS anyway (unless @TV.Cynic does).

But my comment on Modern Family’s key demos was based on previous entries in the Top 5 (main channel and multi-channels), both on Seven recently and was huge when first run on 10. Pretty sure Cynic has mentioned Modern Family’s healthy demographics in his analysis before. It’s also about factoring the later timeslot and what’s against it comparatively, not just raw numbers in isolation.

Take First Dates Australia for example, comparatively well in total people vs its lead-in MKR (both making Top 20), even though it airs much later. Cynic has mentioned its demographics (at least at times) have been even better than MKR’s!

Sceudule Update

Sunday 8 March
09:30 PM God Friended Me S02 E13 World’s Most Shocking Emergency Calls

Monday 9 March
10:00 PM The Latest: Seven News
11:00 PM God Friended Me S02 E13
12:00 AM Proven Innocent: In Defense Of Madeline Scott, Pt. 1

Perth
09:00 PM Flashpoint Series Return
09:30 PM 9-1-1 S03 E06
10:30 PM The Latest: Seven News
11:30 PM God Friended Me S02 E13
12:30 PM Proven Innocent: In Defense Of Madeline Scott, Pt. 1

1 Like

Re Modern Family - there are three episodes each with progressively lower ratings across the night. The best rated episode last Thursday got 1/3 to 1/4 of the Gogglebox audience in 25-54. Overall for the week, epsiode 1 ranked 50th in 25-54. Seven’s highest rated 25-54 shows in order were

SEVEN’S AFL: FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
REBEL WILSON’S POOCH PERFECT
SEVEN NEWS
SEVEN NEWS AT 6.30
SEVEN NEWS - SUN
HOME AND AWAY
MY KITCHEN RULES: THE RIVALS - WED
MY KITCHEN RULES: THE RIVALS - MON
SEVEN’S AFL: FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL - POST MATCH
FIRST DATES AUSTRALIA
MY KITCHEN RULES: THE RIVALS - TUE
SEVEN’S AFL: FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL - PRE MATCH
SEVEN NEWS - SAT
9-1-1
KOALA RESCUE
BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS
MODERN FAMILY EP 1

3 Likes

@Sully

There you go. Modern is nowhere to be seen. Less 25-54 viewers than Koala and Better Homes

1 Like

Not ‘apples for apples’ (timeslots), which is also what I’d mentioned. Koala and BH&G aired at 7pm (not 9pm-10:30pm).

Cynic’s list above shows that Modern Family was Seven’s No. 3 show that airs after 9pm last week excluding AFL (after First Dates Australia and 911) and only 7 places below First Dates. Also making Seven’s Top 20 for the week in 25-54s.

Another way to look at it :slight_smile:

That’s just the first episode - there are 2 others in the schedule that rate lower. If you look at the average across the timeslot, the performance is a lot worse.

2 Likes

@Sully

But Gogglebox in the same time slot on a less watched network got 4 times the audience.

So, Modern is a so-so performer for Seven in 25-54 for a post 9pm show then

Short promo appeared tonight during Better Homes and Gardens, featuring a bearded Cousins.